Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anybody offer some of their experience with scores? What are typical scores in 7v7 games? What are typical scores in 8v8 games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
7v7 for me typically 14-7 or 21-7 here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
14-7 without fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
14-7 without fail.

7v7 or 8v8?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scores I've been seeing in my own and others' games seem a bit low compared to what I would expect in a football game. Do you think the game needs added time for more possessions? Although I realize that the game is not a simulation, I can't get past the feeling that like Blood Bowl, many games come down to just 2-3 possessions total and are 1-0 or 2-1 touchdown grinds. I haven't played any 8v8 games, but I assume that scoring would be even less in those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Simonsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played 14 solo-games 8 vs 8 All Pro (with skills and field goals). The game with fewest points (17) was a 17-0 score and the game with the most points (49) was a 28-21 score.

In the 14 games the average score for a team is about 15 points, so 30 points per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garyfrankie wrote:
I have played 14 solo-games 8 vs 8 All Pro (with skills and field goals). The game with fewest points (17) was a 17-0 score and the game with the most points (49) was a 28-21 score.

In the 14 games the average score for a team is about 15 points, so 30 points per game.

Interesting. Do you think playing solo is responsible for the scores being higher than the scores others have mentioned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Simonsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lemonpips wrote:
garyfrankie wrote:

Interesting. Do you think playing solo is responsible for the scores being higher than the scores others have mentioned?

That’s a good question. In a solo-game your opponent wont surprise you as much as in a face to face-game. I don’t know if that helps the offense more than it helps the defense. You could argue that it’s a bigger advantage for the defense, because they generally are reacting to the offense. Perhaps it’s difficult to say in general. Perhaps some solo-gamers are good at forgetting the 5 cards chosen by the opponent while others perhaps don’t try that hard to forget which 5 cards the opponent has chosen.

I have played 4 games ftf. As I recall the scores were 21-0, 14-10, 27-21, 17-14. That’s 31 points a game, but it is a very small sample size and in one of the games the defense was non-existing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The scores I've been seeing in my own and others' games seem a bit low compared to what I would expect in a football game.

I'm not sure what your scores have been, but for reference, teams in the other league were averaging 20.3 points per game as of September this season.

The scores from my group's games are all over the place, and some can get pretty high! Here's a shot from a crazy one:

voodooink wrote:
Played a few games tonight, but I had to share this one with everyone!

CHEFS:44
TRIDENTS:14

MVP #55 Christian Okeydokay: 4 rushing touchdowns, 365 rushing yards, 1 safety, caused 1 fumble
#70 Deacon Homes: 2 touchdowns, 1 interception for a touchdown, 105 rushing yards
#42 Ric 'Very Dangerous' Van Dyke: 3 defensive pressures

The Tasmanian Terror did some serious damage!!

This game was: 8-vs-8, ALL PRO mode, and used the pro passing option. My highest score in a game with those parameters is 49 [this game was almost 51 to 14!].

If you haven't already, check out the Google Doc at this link for the league in Chicago:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27935234#27935234

These guys and girls are either backers or purchased the game at retail shortly after release, and it should give you a nice sample of what typical scores will look like. Also, make sure to check out the tabs at the bottom of the Goole Doc. They track all of the stats, and it's really cool to drill down into the various coaches numbers, tendencies, and see how things played out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My last three games, all 7v7:

28-21
21-7
21-14 (overtime)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.