Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Why 4 Shapeshifters in HotE? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems strange that HotE came with 4 of these when they deploy individually. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thuddeus wrote:
It seems strange that HotE came with 4 of these when they deploy individually. Any thoughts?

there are multiple forms so you can have one of each on the board at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but there are only three forms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
gcroy5 wrote:
but there are only three forms.

Plus the formless version...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The announcement article told HotE has 16 plastic minis, so there has to be 16 miniatures. There is one extra Shapeshifter for custom paint job or customizing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
The announcement article told HotE has 16 plastic minis, so there has to be 16 miniatures. There is one extra Shapeshifter for custom paint job or customizing.

aka somebody messed it up when they came up with the announcement, but then FFG gave an example on how a publisher should fix this type of communication issues: they pretended it never happened and added a random (and basically useless) miniature to the lot.

I think that works far better than getting submerged by hundreds of angry customer yelling at them "Hey you said we would get 16 miniatures in the box and I only got 15".

Bizarre but effective marketing strategy in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their deployment cards are for single figures. Are they intended to be deployed in groups of three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thuddeus wrote:
Their deployment cards are for single figures. Are they intended to be deployed in groups of three?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a scenario that demands more than two at a time? (I have only painted two, so far) Spoilerish question, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thuddeus wrote:
Is there a scenario that demands more than two at a time? (I have only painted two, so far) Spoilerish question, I know.

This is one mission:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Mission "On the Trail" has 3 Clawdite Shapeshifters that could be on the map at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thuddeus wrote:

Some questions I really don't understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.