Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick
United States
LOUISVILLE
Kentucky
flag msg tools
https://www.actionphasegames.com/pages/aerandomizer

For anyone that uses this market randomizer assistant... which is your favorite market setup? Seems weird most of these leave out 5 cost things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I really dislike how so many of the markets hate 5 cost for no reason. There's more 5 cost spells than any other cost!

Anywaaay, I go with the random 3-2-4 and then I choose 0-2 cards to re-roll. Sometimes I decide I want to reroll the relic as a spell, so I'll say the relic becomes whatever rolls in the bottom right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Randomizer deck, shuffled like crazy whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sPORKaccione wrote:

For anyone that uses this market randomizer assistant... which is your favorite market setup? Seems weird most of these leave out 5 cost things

It really frustrates me that there's not a randomizer that includes the possibility for every card while still keeping a good distribution. It's honestly baffling. Why wouldn't that be one of the options???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkowitz wrote:
sPORKaccione wrote:

It really frustrates me that there's not a randomizer that includes the possibility for every card while still keeping a good distribution. It's honestly baffling. Why wouldn't that be one of the options???

What do you mean by a "good distribution"? What characteristics determine that? It's a randomizer, so it's not surprising the results are sometimes suboptimal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctaWho wrote:
What do you mean by a "good distribution"? What characteristics determine that? It's a randomizer, so it's not surprising the results are sometimes suboptimal.

Market Setup 1 ensures you'll have two spells less than 5 and two spells greater than 5.

Market Setup 2 ensures you'll have three spells less than 6 and one spell greater than 6.

etc., etc.

But none of these possibilities ensure having both lower and higher cost cards available to you while allowing every card to be a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkowitz wrote:
DoctaWho wrote:

Market Setup 1 ensures you'll have two spells less than 5 and two spells greater than 5.

Market Setup 2 ensures you'll have three spells less than 6 and one spell greater than 6.

etc., etc.

But none of these possibilities ensure having both lower and higher cost cards available to you while allowing every card to be a possibility.

I should note that I would also expect this optimal setup to be 3/2/4 breakdown for card types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Schneider
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably prefer Market 6 due to overall variety of cards. In most games, we tend to not need more than two different gems (and 3/4 cost tend to be some of the best as they can be bought early and have plenty of utility). I also love have a variety of relics to toy with, as they often have interesting abilities and can really alter how your deck works.

As for spells, we always want a variety of costs as they will be used by different mages. What I mean is that cheap spells are purchased by more aggressive mages while pricier ones are purchased by those going for more late game build up. Again, Market 6 works well for this. Even when we pick all our own cards (which we only do for increased difficulty matches), our markets tend to look a lot like Market 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.