Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, i am having trouble with this dumb building. It seems pointless and WAY to powerful. If Charterstone is all about building this city together.....yet the Resort allows you to spend 5 coins to get SEVEN freaking points!!! You dont have to spend any influence points....yet the things you are supposed to do.....build Buildings, open creates, even the freaking quota you have to spend most of your influence markers.....for less VPs. Meanwhile....oh...here. Pay some money...take a break while tge rest of us work....and get the most points.

I hate the easiness of it and thematically it makes no sense. Oh i almost forgot that it is also worth 20 points for the end of the campaign????

I understand that it is available to everyone but how freaking boring is that that everyone is doing nothing but trying to get money and go on vacation 7 times each in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
That, and the building like it for which you pay $4 and gain 5 VP, are on the boring side. More to the point however, is how utterly lucrative they are, or will be, for the player who controls them. I'd try to have them both if possible, and then drop a cat on each of them. Then watch your score skyrocket as you and everyone else plays on them.

Honestly, yeah, I felt they were a bit much when they showed up. And I'd sort of agree that they are a bit boring. But it is to be a euro game. And euro games are all about racking up VPs, alternate paths to victory, and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just built those buildings on my charter last night in game 6(the resort, 5 coins for 7VP and the other one, 4 coins for 5VP) but I don't think they will get played that much... I have the feeling that gathering so many coins is kind of tough in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have a coin engine. And one of our charters has a coin engine - in games 4 and 5 he ended up with 15+ coins stacked in front of him, and went looking for things to spend them on. He also caused severe coin bottlenecks in both games, prompting one of us to name a Friend card "Ryan Jerk"

The Resort hasn't shown up in our game yet, but a different building just got built and looks to be extremely powerful:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Perfumery, 2 coins gets you 2 goods and 2 points. That's like, crazy good. Plus, if the owner of that charter can get a cat minion down on it before anyone else uses it, she'll clean up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.