3 Posts

Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Life after Death: Support Mechs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we know what the Android will look like, I want to propose a mechanic that utilizes Android design #2 as I’m obsessed with how much I love this look and don’t want it wasted!

Support Mechs

When a player dies during the game they can assume the role of a Support Mech in the next game round. The number of Support Mechs available in a game are one less than the number of characters, meaning once all characters have died it’s game over.

Support Mechs are immune to Panic/Madness and Contamination. They’re able to search, trade, and repair rooms. They can combat aliens, however they’re only limited to a simple Torch as their own available weapon, which can only deal 1 damage much like the Scientist’s pistol.

Their major drawback is that every damage done to them is a Serious Wound, most likely meaning 3 hits and they’re out. If a Bleeding Severe Wound card is drawn, ignore it and draw a new one instead as Mechs will only suffer body damage.

If a Support Mech is destroyed the player can take control of another Support Mech if any are still available. For example, in a 4 Player game there are 3 Support Mechs on standby. Player 3 dies early in the game and takes control of Support Mech #1. He plays recklessly and gets the Mech destroyed, then takes controls of Mech #2 in the next game round. Player 2 ends up getting killed later on and takes control of Support Mech #3 in the following round. Any more deaths after this and the player will be sitting out the rest of the game.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nielson Jugalbot
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what will their objectives be then? Another set of random objective pile to add to the current pile? I can't see how they can automatically activate upon a character death and know what their objective was. Support role with no other function other than to try and exterminate intruders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think drawing a new objective seems like a sound rule, though maybe not being given a choice of two cards and simply must attempt whatever card they draw. Combat definitely wouldn’t be recommended given how fragile they are compared to their human counterparts, though they could make handy decoys if needed I guess, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.