Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Olsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most of you, fitting everything Orleans (expansions and promo tiles) into the box can be very frustrating. Using both the Deluxe box and the Invasion box is a good solution if you don't mind multiple boxes. I ditched my Invasion box long ago and have been living by the "everything in baggies" mantra.

However, I decided to make a foam core insert (my first!) to make life a little easier. The insert's job is meant to make setup/takedown a little faster as well as make the in game placement of pieces more tidy. Here are some pictures of the finished product and the order of everything in the box.

The bottom layer consists of all the boards from the base game and expansions. Instructions and promo rules sit on top.

The first of 2 foam core layers consists of the building tiles, event tiles, player avatars, citizen tiles, technology discs and all character discs (including each player's starting characters). I left a little bit of room in each disc well to allow room to get them out easily. I like the cleanliness and accessibility of this first layer. Its height is entirely dependent on the buildings. I have all the American released promos and the addition of these 15+ buildings caused this layer to be taller than I expected.

The 2nd layer holds everything else except the cloth bags and comes in two sections. The main section holds all of the special Invasion-only bits, boards and event tiles, the cardboard goods tiles, all released expansion cards, starting player token(s), scorepad and finally, the individual player cubes/houses. I'm not 100% satisfied with the way things are piled in this main section, it works since I can largely ignore the Invasion pieces when I play regular Orleans (which I do most of the time). I like the way the scorepad rests on top of the player bits and keeps them from getting everywhere.

The minor section holds the metal coins and upgraded goods components. I like the way these turned out and are very helpful during gameplay.

As you can see, the finished foam core insert sits about 1/2 - 3/4" above the box lid. I'm okay with this right now. I don't store the game vertically anymore so it hasn't been a problem. The cloth player bags rest on top of the last layer.

Just for fun, this is a picture of all the leftover baggies.

Hope everybody enjoyed this, good luck in your own storage solutions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.