United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Battle of Cravant scenario pack contains 10 unit cards which allow you to field your existing troops as Burgundians. The new Woodrunner, Javelin Thrower, and Ribaudequin cards are also usuable in other armies too. These new unit cards will allow you to play the Battle of Cravant scenario, in which the Burgundians allied with the English to face off against a combined French and Scottish army."

This is a new add-on in the pledge manager. Think it's worth $10 more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit of a cash grab if you ask me, considering the all-ins are already anywhere from $440 for gameplay-only to $540 for everything.

Only now they’re not really all-ins now are they?

But I’m cynical (today at least).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Also, where did they come from - was their really that big of a demand? But at this point I am kind of happy for everything that is an easy pass...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
It was from fan requests that they had not planned.

So they offered them through pledge manager as some half way house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without army lists it is getting hard to work out what will be required to make viable armies for the 'free battle' mode.

I assume that this is based on owning just the Maiden pledge. Which means each army is going to be quite small.

Legendary Battles add-on seems specific to the 3 scenarios included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeh I really don;t know what I want anymore, maybe I should just get the core expansions and play scenarios, free battle is a bit of a mystery for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
All of the new add-ons are from backer requests. We never planned them and they're not a cash grab. The Burgundian cards are just to allow the existing minis to be reused as Burgundians, and the scenario is so you have more to do with them than just fight in Battle Mode. The Ottomans are purely so that they become a playable army in Battle Mode. Siege is so you can get more siege engines without dropping $85 on another Siege add-on. They add variety and allow for even bigger sieges, but they aren't necessary to play any of the siege scenarios. Card sleeves are obvious, and the mat just looks pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ben, thanks for that. Just out of interest, will we get the info to make better choices about what to buy? For example, as some one hinted above, army lists would be useful. I feel like this game is a bit of a risk at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
We plan on getting as much rules information out as possible before the pledge manager closes. As we're doing everything in both French and English the process is a little longer as both versions have to be completed before we make them public. We've got a lot of playthru videos out, and four more are due on Beasts of War over the course of the pledge manager, so you can at least see the various ways the game plays whilst we're working on getting final versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It includes a ribaudequin card but there's no ribaudequin mini, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootie wrote:
Hey Ben, thanks for that. Just out of interest, will we get the info to make better choices about what to buy? For example, as some one hinted above, army lists would be useful. I feel like this game is a bit of a risk at the moment.

I have removed that risk by having acquired Warmaster Ancients and De Bellis Antiquitatis / Magistrorum (DBA / DBMM) rulesets to use these miniatures for. The pledge is worth it for the plastic alone, let alone the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I plan to play Lion Rampant / Dragon Rampant rules sets with these miniatures (in addition to playing the JoA game)

This gives me a nice set of figures and terrain for the game.

So there is no risk for me if JoA game is good or bad. I can use all of the miniatures elsewhere. Naturally I hope that JoA is a good game too!

I like the set of Burgundian cards. More options is always good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
spindoc wrote:

Huh, interesting. Do you figure they'll just proxy the bombard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmadms wrote:
spindoc wrote:

Huh, interesting. Do you figure they'll just proxy the bombard?

Crickets from Mythic on this, but yeah, I guess you're right. Which contributes to my decision to pass on getting this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Or culverine, I guess, since (I think) there's no bombard in the core - and you could very well get this without getting any of the bombard add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.