Hide
8 Posts

Empires of the Void II» Forums » General

Subject: Rules for Path Tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Luongo
msg tools
Am I missing something b/c I couldn't find the rules on what happens with each of the Path Tokens. Any help would be appreciated.

Just got my copy today. It's gorgeous and I'm looking forward to digging into it.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad vanVugt
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on page 35 with the variants. You can place them over the obstructions on the board to vary the movement obstacle placement from game to game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Luongo
msg tools
terpitude71 wrote:
It's on page 35 with the variants. You can place them over the obstructions on the board to vary the movement obstacle placement from game to game

Yes, I saw that. But what do they actually do?

That's not mentioned in the rules that I can see. Again, unless I'm still missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
One of them is just an asteroid field on both sides (so adds an asteroid obstacle to that path, or changes the existing obstacle to asteroids). The other one is an asteroid on one side, a wormhole on the other; I assume the wormhole one would add an extra "movement space", but then would connect to the other wormholes.

Note that there are 4 other tokens that have the same shape; these aren't "Path Tokens" but are apparently used for some of the events, and will be explained on the relevant Event card.

You can tell which ones are the "Path Tokens" because they have the thin white "path" line on them; the other 4 don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They act the same as the standard obstacles on the board. For the ones that show asteroids and a die symbol, you have to roll a die and match or exceed the number shown in order to move past the obstacle. For the one that shows a wormhole symbol, it acts as a portal that you can use to travel between the other wormholes shown on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
CepheidVariable wrote:
They act the same as the standard obstacles on the board. For the ones that show asteroids and a die symbol, you have to roll a die and match or exceed the number shown in order to move past the obstacle. For the one that shows a wormhole symbol, it acts as a portal that you can use to travel between the other wormholes shown on the board.

With the Wormhole token, does it essentially "add" another movement node to the path as well, like the other Wormholes do? (Or have I been playing wormholes wrong?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

With the Wormhole token, does it essentially "add" another movement node to the path as well, like the other Wormholes do? (Or have I been playing wormholes wrong?)

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Luongo
msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
One of them is just an asteroid field on both sides (so adds an asteroid obstacle to that path, or changes the existing obstacle to asteroids). The other one is an asteroid on one side, a wormhole on the other; I assume the wormhole one would add an extra "movement space", but then would connect to the other wormholes.

Note that there are 4 other tokens that have the same shape; these aren't "Path Tokens" but are apparently used for some of the events, and will be explained on the relevant Event card.

You can tell which ones are the "Path Tokens" because they have the thin white "path" line on them; the other 4 don't.

Thank you. Those were the four I was confused about. I should have realized that they could have been triggered by certain event cards.

Appreciate the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.