Hold the Line» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hessians and Highlanders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Jussaume
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm not very versed on where to use my Hessians and Highlanders... I have both the base game and the French & Indian expansion. Is there an update or a guide of where to historically use them... which scenarios used what expansion figures? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Rob,

The Hessians were heavily involved in the American Revolutionary war so that's the Base game. I only have the original game, not the new version with the miniatures so I can't tell you which scenarios would use Hessians. Certainly most of the early war they were common.

The Highlanders don't belong in either the base game or F+I expansion as far as I know. There is another game in the series, at least in the first edition.

Happy gaming.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jussaume
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks Paul... looking at some of the same named scenarios from another game I have (but have not played yet...) Command & Colors: Tricorne... I did see that Hessians and Highlanders are involved in many of the battles. I guess this one will involve a little more research on each individual battle to deduce how much they were involved. Then the question is do I just swap in the figures purely for visual, or should they be given Elite status or some kind of bonuses... this is also part of the fun of Hold the Line, it is very easy to house rule and tweak scenarios for balance. Happy gaming to you as well.. and thank you for getting back to me on my two posts!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend replacing one or more elite units with the highlanders and/or Hessian grenadiers, where appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.