Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Main lines i see are below. Later i'll post what i did, if i can remember.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1) Play Galactic Power Brokers and pass on Settle. Defend against Galactic Developers running away with the game, as it often does. Presumably keeping Alien Burial Site, and I+1/Settle next round, depending on opponent builds here.

2) Play Imperium Invasion Fleet + Alien Burial Site (or Galactic Scavengers? :P). Take the Prestige lead for the whole game, worth ~6 points some card(s), the 3pt goal, and potentially denies opponent cards from Prestige. Probably Prestige-Produce next turn for 3 free cards.

3) Play New Military Tactics, saving Imperium Invasion Fleet + Rebel Stronghold. Build up to a big finish. Target a couple military goals you don't get with the other 2 lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Imperium Invasion Fleet into Alien Burial Site. Probably explore/produce next round. That seems like it could be a bit slow though. Edit I forgot about Prestige Produce, that makes it a bit better!
I've not really played enough BoW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play GPB, and probably hold onto IIF, hoping to crash it into some 2 or 3 cost world quickly to get the prestige lead/fodder for GPB.

Perhaps next turn E+1/Prod, or E+1/$ just to cash in the prestige for cards, depending on likelihood of opponent round 2 trade.

Gal Dev + bankers or public works is basically GG if you don't have a dev bonus to fight against it. Honestly Gal Dev + dev rebate is so good it's dumb. Worst part of 2PA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrenaud wrote:
I'd play GPB, and probably hold onto IIF, hoping to crash it into some 2 or 3 cost world quickly to get the prestige lead/fodder for GPB.

Nice one.

I played GPB, and kept Alien Burial Site.

rrenaud wrote:
Gal Dev + bankers or public works is basically GG if you don't have a dev bonus to fight against it. Honestly Gal Dev + dev rebate is so good it's dumb. Worst part of 2PA.

Heheh yeah. Thanks to the promo homeworlds you can get clobbered by this in any format now. :P Hadn't thought about it until it happened to me outside RvI/BoW for the first time yesterday, in TGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.