Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
Today (22nd of January in 2018), Vast: The Crystal Caverns has an overall board game rank on BGG of 500.

I haven't been tracking to see if that is up or down from last week or last month. Nonetheless, that is no small feat.

Congratulations, Patrick, David, Kyle, and all the supporters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Today (22nd of January in 2018), Vast: The Crystal Caverns has an overall board game rank on BGG of 500.

I haven't been tracking to see if that is up or down from last week or last month. Nonetheless, that is no small feat.

Criminally underrated!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:

I think radically asymmetric games are something of a niche. If we had a category just for that Vast would be top.

But more seriously what games you like is a personal thing. That cannot be reflected in aggregate rankings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it should be clear that top 500 is a massive achievement on BGG! There are so many games in the data base, and even if we just look at the ones that are ranked, top 500 is very much the crème de la crème!
There are more (even quite a bit more, I think) than 5000 ranked games, so it is better than top 10%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ringgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
I need a healer!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are currently 14969 ranked games so Vast is in the top ~3.34% of all games. Quite the achievement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callum Baird
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sometime in December 2017, I recall Vast being somewhere around 520. I think the release of the expansion at the turn of the year gave it a boost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! This is a remarkable achievement for us. I am glad to be in such good company.

The expansion has had a huge impact on sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we have been talking it up. It's now 499.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.