Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know the answer to this question, but would just like to make sure.

The LotA rulebook says you skip a surge priority if it "would have no effect". Does this include adding to damage when the roll already does enough damage to defeat a Rebel?

An E-Web Engineer attacked and did 3 damage to a Rebel Soldier who only had 1 health left. Does the Surge add an extra 2 damage, or heal the engineer? I'm thinking the 2nd option but would like to confirm it.

Thanks for any comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding damage has an effect, unless the target dodged the attack, or would be defeated without adding more damage. (A figure cannot suffer damage over its Health, any excess is lost.)

Choosing Recover in your case is correct.

Also note that if you skipped surge abilities, but have unused surges when you get to the end of the list, you restart from the top of the list.

For example you could have 2
, 1mb, 2
, and surge priority
: Bleed and
: Pierce 2. You would first skip Bleed, because it would not do anything, spend surge for Pierce 2, then get back to Bleed and spend the second surge for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.