Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Boardgameco.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Gizzle
msg tools
Ordered something on the 17th. No response or tracking. Does it really take a week for at least an email saying hey we are working on this? Scam site? Seems like there are more bad than good about them on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dealt with Alex several times, and whatever issues have arisen (yes, there have been a few minor things), he's always been great about making everything right. Generally, he's pretty responsive, but delays in communication can happen if he's away for a while or bogged down with tons of activity. But no, not a scam site at all, and a standup guy running it from my dealings with him. Perfect? Nope, but good enough to warrant my repeat business when I'm in the mood to unload a bulk of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive done many trades with him as well, one just last month and I agree. He is responsive and makes issues right. I wouldn't get worried yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgizzle wrote:
Ordered something on the 17th. No response or tracking. Does it really take a week for at least an email saying hey we are working on this? Scam site? Seems like there are more bad than good about them on here.

Def not a scam site. Research would immediately reveal the user attached to this account, their history, and the fact they are legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will vouch for him as well. Contact user
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
on here, and he should respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Addleman
United States
Aurora
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've worked with him several times and he's always been super responsive and reliable although his delivery time can be a bit slow compared to others. He's a much smaller operation though so that's to be expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Gizzle
msg tools
I'm a small vendor. I sell RC gear and gopro accessories through online site and through amazon. Some kind of notification within a week should be no problem. FYI, I've done the research on here. Customer comments about them on here are mixed. IMO they should post a phone number. It would probably alleviate the negative forum posts they get. I just wanted to get some current feedback on them as everything seems dated and their site has no phone contact. We'll see I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Geddings
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just executed a trade with alexsr. It was also delayed. Alex communicated the issue in a timely fashion. Apparently two of his warehouse workers left him and the other is a temp that comes in once a week. That being the case I'd imagine that may help to explain some of the issues your having. I've traded with alexsr several times and never had an issue that wasn't quickly resolved. I would wager that the volume of transactions he executes would increase his exposure to more negative comments but the general sense I get is that he works to resolve any issues that come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Gizzle
msg tools
Seems like he's slow in general, that's one of the big complaints I see about this vendor going back a while now. Also, the comments like yours and
that others make, it seem like he gives excuses. Keep in mind I am also a vendor. A week turnaround on just a response is more than ample and not unreasonable at all. Aslo, if you run a site and know there is going to be delays, you post it on the front page for all customers to know to hold tight. That being said I'll hold off another week before making a PP dispute to get money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Janssen
United States
Tremonton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I set up a trade with them this last week (Jan 18), this is the response I got from him at the time.

Quote:
We're a small operation with only one person who ships and receives the games. We were currently looking to hire someone else as due to a combination of our business growing, and our one employee having multiple personal issues, we've found that we need another set of hands at the facility. Unfortunately we have not yet found someone, and our one employee had to take a permanent leave of absence due to her personal issues.

At the moment we are in middle of reviewing new candidates and hope to have someone in place within anywhere from 1-3 weeks (hopefully). We are still conducting trades, but please be aware new trades may not ship until we hire a replacement. If you choose to continue with a trade with us, you may hold the trade until I inform you the situation has changed, and may cancel at any time. Please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Gizzle
msg tools
I just bought a game, no trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Gizzle
msg tools
bmjanssen wrote:
I set up a trade with them this last week (Jan 18), this is the response I got from him at the time.

Quote:
We're a small operation with only one person who ships and receives the games. We were currently looking to hire someone else as due to a combination of our business growing, and our one employee having multiple personal issues, we've found that we need another set of hands at the facility. Unfortunately we have not yet found someone, and our one employee had to take a permanent leave of absence due to her personal issues.

At the moment we are in middle of reviewing new candidates and hope to have someone in place within anywhere from 1-3 weeks (hopefully). We are still conducting trades, but please be aware new trades may not ship until we hire a replacement. If you choose to continue with a trade with us, you may hold the trade until I inform you the situation has changed, and may cancel at any time. Please let me know.

If he can't live up to the services he is offering online he should shut down shop until he can. It's a surefire way to lose business and get a lot of bad reviews. Always be upfront with people and respond immediately. It only takes seconds to respond. Anything less is a co-pout. Also, airing your personal business issues to customers is not professional at all. Sounds like the guy should sell or do something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Janssen
United States
Tremonton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgizzle wrote:
I just bought a game, no trade.

Yeah, I was just thinking if he doesn't have a way to ship trades he probably isn't shipping buys either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.