United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it correct to assume that when a member of the party uses an Escape scroll or the Wizard/Elf uses the Escape spell, that it is ONLY the caster that goes back to the entrance of the dungeon? The entire party does not, is this correct? The description of the spell in the book specifically says Wizard and this confused me.

The Halfling can use a Luck point to run without being attacked. It is just the Halfling using this Luck point that gets that benefit, is this correct?

When a party chooses to run, there does not have to be a door present in the room/corridor (unlike withdrawing), is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers below;

Is it correct to assume that when a member of the party uses an Escape scroll or the Wizard/Elf uses the Escape spell, that it is ONLY the caster that goes back to the entrance of the dungeon? The entire party does not, is this correct? The description of the spell in the book specifically says Wizard and this confused me.

The "escape" spell in 4AD is for the caster only. In 4 Against the Abyss you get the Rolls Royce version "mass teleport" which is the whole party.

The Halfling can use a Luck point to run without being attacked. It is just the Halfling using this Luck point that gets that benefit, is this correct?

Yes, just the Halfling.

When a party chooses to run, there does not have to be a door present in the room/corridor (unlike withdrawing), is this correct?

I think that is right, this make the monster free hack more deadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question regarding the Escape spell. Is the caster that goes back to the entrance essentially out of the party for the rest of the adventure (waiting for the others to exit) or can the caster rejoin the group using the rules under Splitting the Party?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some clarification from Andrea on this one - if the wizard does not move back into the dungeon from the front room after using the escape spell, he/she is not subject to wandering monster rolls as mentioned in splitting the party. It is assumed that the wizard can just step out of the dungeon and be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.