European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day.

I posted a thread about the Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28037009

On the header it says that it is in Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack » Forums » General as I actually intended. But if I go to the game page, forum section, it does not appear. Nor if I go at the page of the General section, where all threads appear from the most recent onward:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1203872/wings-glory-ww1-rule...

Did something strange happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure looks strange.
It looks as if it is a session report you posted, not a post for General subforum. Session reports are peer-to-peer scrutinized before popping up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good guess. Since it is first of all a scenario setting of general use to everybody, and then in the end also a short session report, I found that it was not proper to put it under sessions. It is not a variant either, since all rules used are official. So I put it under General.

By the way, it is easily accessible from direct URL. It sounds a bit strange that it could still need approvation but it is already visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
The thread does show up via the new game page forum interface:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/119866/wings-glory-ww1-r...

I suspect that the DDoS mitigations included aggressive caching of things like forum pages, particularly those with low activity, and your thread will thus show up there in a couple of hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look at all strange to me; following the link I see a very nice article that could have been posted as a session report had Andrea wished to do so. But I'm assuming the intention was to get it into circulation without waiting for it to go through geekmod, as would have happened with a session report.

The page it's on does indeed say it's in the game's General forum, but when I navigate to the forums for the game I don't see it. I'm wondering if it's some odd sort of buffering issue caused by the work they've been doing on the new interface. Hopefully that's the case and the forum list will get updated before morning.

[edit] Ninja'd. At least it seems we're thinking along the same lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the choice of the General label has not been to shortcut approvation - sorry, I did not imagine that session had to be approved (now that you told me, I still wonder why session yes and other kind of posts no). I still think that it is mainly a scenario layout, more than a session. Even if I erase the last part with the pictures of actual play the post keeps most of its relevance and utility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you post to Reviews or Sessions, it goes through geekmod.

If you choose "This is a good post", it goes through geekmod even when posting to other subforums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am too ruysty probably. I put it in General and I did not even notice a "This is a good post" option. Even if I think that it was not so bad.
So I really do not know why it does not show.
But if it went to geekmod, it would be reasonable that it wouldn't show even through a direct link, isn't it?
Sorry if I am so unaware of how things really work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one of the possibilities. The poster always sees their own posts even while waiting for moderation, so they can be edited as long as you know the article ID. Anyway, your post/thread shows up now in the index.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW there are several threads already about people noticing that new threads don't appear on forum pages showing lists of thread titles. It seems to be either a bug or an effect of the DDOS attack.

E.g. see
My new threads are not showing up
My new threads are not showing up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
I am too ruysty probably. I put it in General and I did not even notice a "This is a good post" option. Even if I think that it was not so bad.

I thought it was very good.

As for the "this is a good post" option, I've never used it and never intend to - for two reasons:

- First, I think it's best for others to judge the merits of what we've created. If it's good, someone will surely say so.

- And second, I can't imagine why somebody would create a thread they felt was not good. Surely the fact you've posted it for the world to see implies that you felt it was a worthwhile effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.