Sol: Last Days of a Star» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup for Ancient Tower Solo scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Holt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
The solo setup for Ancient Tower states that two energy nodes should be placed in the convective layer "equally spaced" with the Mother ship in orbit between them.

Since the 1-4 player board has 13 spaced in the convective layer, I assume this means that the energy nodes are placed 5 spaces apart in one direction and 6 spaces apart in the other.

Also, it sounds to me like the mothership can be halfway between these two nodes. In addition, there is no specification for which space in the core the tower should be placed on so it can be any that I choose!

Is any of this incorrect?

Thanks!

- Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Spangler
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
holt5301 wrote:
The solo setup for Ancient Tower states that two energy nodes should be placed in the convective layer "equally spaced" with the Mother ship in orbit between them.

Since the 1-4 player board has 13 spaced in the convective layer, I assume this means that the energy nodes are placed 5 spaces apart in one direction and 6 spaces apart in the other.

Also, it sounds to me like the mothership can be halfway between these two nodes. In addition, there is no specification for which space in the core the tower should be placed on so it can be any that I choose!

Is any of this incorrect?

Thanks!

- Rob

Hey Rob!

Agreed there is a bit of ambiguity in the setup, this is to be resolved at your discretion, ie, interpret it however you feel is most optimal. In a way it is a part of the scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Holt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Awesome, thanks Ryan. Ambiguity is all good as long as I get your intention right!

Are you guys located in Portland? I found the game at a local shop here and the box states that you are! I'm excited to support you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.