Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johann steinke
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
Hi,
how many missions will come with the game? or is this a kind of random scenario game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Id love to know this also Id like to suggest a kind of campaign mode expansion much like Space alert expansion provided. Specially given that it is a historical game it would be so cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viewing the 5000+ backers this game got within ... less than 24 hours, I guess the sky is the limit here.

Certainly with the App the number of Campaigns against different convoys and ships could be endless.

A huge boost for wargamers, but helas many of these old grognards are still wrapped up in their hex closets or die fests.

To the vast majority of the new historical wargamers, I predicted this game will be a breakthrough for its historical boardgame genre.

I am glad, but it is all up to Phalanx games to keep this ship running into new adventure waters !

GL to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

We would like to have as many as 10 missions in the final game. Whether they will all make their way into the app before the game premieres at Essen 2018, that's another story. Thankfully, having all the mission information in the app will allow for updates, extra content, and getting rid of bugs that people might find after the game launches.

All in all, I trust that the above scenario count will be possible, and that there will be a demand for more

Oh, and there still exists the possibility of us releasing a scenario editor, although we are still on the fence about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The GOOD thing about the app is that we can keep the missions coming for as long as we basically want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Muttah wrote:
Hi guys!

We would like to have as many as 10 missions in the final game. Whether they will all make their way into the app before the game premieres at Essen 2018, that's another story. Thankfully, having all the mission information in the app will allow for updates, extra content, and getting rid of bugs that people might find after the game launches.

All in all, I trust that the above scanrio count will be possible, and that there will be a demand for more

Oh, and there still exists the possibility of us releasing a scenario editor, although we are still on the fence about it

Thx for sharing!

What about some crew progression rules "a la space alert"? Did you ever consider that?

It feels nice imagining the same crew going over several missions with increasing difficulty but also while they get extra skills...

A "campaign" feeling could add a lot of flavour anf fun to the game... the adventures of Capitain XXXXXXngen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
Hi guys!

All in all, I trust that the above scanrio count will be possible, and that there will be a demand for more

I would avoid the editor. Lots of extra work.

Keep it to the core: an historical accurate but very entertaining game with mechanics from all kinds of games.

As such I think it would be very cool to have Campaigns set up over your missions. So you could advance in ranks over these missions and simply try to survive the war with the highest title possible.

A kind of Legacy game but without that dreadful mechanic of destroying cards and components due to the advantage of a dynamic App.

This Campaign mechanic was the only driving force behind a very simple The Hunters die roller btw. But it is a long term fun experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I do see the value of the editor, in the right hands (a group of WWII geeks with time to spare) that could become the tool for the community to create very specific and thematic missions based on famous operations.

That said If I had to choose I would very much spend the effort in creating that campaign feeling.

One example the captain cards we have already unlocked could be awarded and added to the captain deck upon attaining a certain rank by doing X missions.

Another example, I'm not a sub geek so probably a wrong example... but it would feel really accomplishing if my crew learns the "Crazy Ivan" maneuver after succesfully completing mission X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johann steinke
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
Muttah wrote:
Hi guys!

maybe you could fit in some adittional missions as stretch goals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:

What about some crew progression rules "a la space alert"? Did you ever consider that?

If you unleash your imagination, there is no limit really. Think: every player has an online profile. Now you travel to visit your friends in another part of the country or world. They happen to play Uboot. You log in with your profile to their game and now, you are assigned to their submarine, for that one mission.

The app could possibly developed into that direction. We had plenty of discussion about competitive play or cooperation between different crews across the world at the same time. It is mind blowing what could be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

M0ebius wrote:
Another example, I'm not a sub geek so probably a wrong example... but it would feel really accomplishing if my crew learns the "Crazy Ivan" maneuver after succesfully completing mission X

I am a sub geek and that manoeuvre was used during the cold war by Russian Sub Captains to check if they were being followed by the enemy.

This game is based around a German sub during WW2 and there would have been no need to see if you were being followed by enemy subs, there was very little sub on sub action during the war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
Hi guys!
...Oh, and there still exists the possibility of us releasing a scenario editor, although we are still on the fence about it

Scenario editors are always a good idea to get the community involved.
They are basically the entry level drugs of modding.

That said, I could imagine that incorporating that with the mobile apps might be a bit more involved than with the PC version.

Concerning mission design in general, are there ships out there beyond the objective of a specific mission. Just for the poor souls that mess up their navigation on their first tour and miss their objective badly and need something too shoot at.

Followup, can you encounter ships that you shouldn't sink, e.g., german military or civilian shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kiriazis
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
Hi guys!

The ultimate scenario would be among the first historically (October 1939), but probably the most difficult as suggested by my Avatar - CO of Type VII U-47 Gunther Prien (the Bull of Scapa Flow).

1st day pledge.

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víctor Calero
msg tools
Muttah wrote:
Hi guys!

All in all, I trust that the above scenario count will be possible, and that there will be a demand for more

And what about the variety of situations during these planned 10 missions? Will the location and composition of convoy fleets, secondary objectives, grids, etc. change? I'm already backing UBOOT in KS (backer nº 3777 yay!), but being probably the first app driven board game i'm going to play, i'm specially worried about the replayability value. I think some kind of simple random mission generator with missions like "go to grid *random* and wait x hours, then get back to *base grid*" (like in Silent Hunter III PC game), or something like that, would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be lots of different mission types (please have a look at the app desciption on the campaign page).

As for replayability, then all unit courses and convoy/shipping group compositions are semi-random and are generated by the app differently each time you play a mission. There will also be secondary objectives and warning messages for each mission, and the app will 'draw' them randomly from a bigger basket.

So, if you play a mission three times in a row, then one time you will receive some info on enemy activity, and another time the HQ will ask you to send a weather report, and some other time you will also receive info regarding spotted targets to sink.

Then add day and night, as well as dynamically changing weather conditions.

I guess that, in the end, replayability could be quite impressive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.