Popular Tags: [View All]
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After another game where I constantly was asked if I had passed after I passed, I thought of a way to show who has passed: Instead of tracking generations with the "sugar cube", use one cube from each player in the generation spot. (Generation tracking in multiplayer is mostly to switch up drafting order.)

1) When a player passes, move their cube to the next generation.
2) When the last player passes you complete the generation and then move to the one the players are in now.
3) Before end game scoring, remove the "generation tracking" cubes just in case some overpowered player manages to score more than 100 points after end game scoring.

(An alternative could be to have some big token you flipped to show that you passed, but my box is already full to the brim, with the expansions and sleeved cards. I even had to replace my GameTrayz plastic trays with a more compact solution from an Etsy store.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or flip your corporation card over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Mueller
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or flip your ressource board over?
No, wait..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
LannisterCrimson wrote:
Or flip your ressource board over?
No, wait..

I vote for this method!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or flip the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When someone pass i ask them to leave the room. Best solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
When someone pass i ask them to leave the room. Best solution

Politely wander off to the snack table?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
After another game where I constantly was asked if I had passed after I passed, I thought of a way to show who has passed: Instead of tracking generations with the "sugar cube", use one cube from each player in the generation spot. (Generation tracking in multiplayer is mostly to switch up drafting order.)

I mean, sure, you could do this? But is it really that big of a deal to be like "Passed" when it gets to you? Around here, we generally use the "tap the table with hand" method of indicating you have already passed.

Like, a given game has, at most, 5 players, and how often does one end up in a situation where they are passed out, and then the turn goes on for a significantly longer time, such that you have to indicate you are passed more than once or twice before everyone just remembers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The butler just says "Sir has already passed for this generation". Simple really. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Often a player can take one action and pass on the other which doesn't mean his turn is over. We'll often say "soft pass" in this case or a player will say "hard pass" when he can't do anything else.
They'll usually start upgrading their board income and the first player out will get the next sets of four cards ready for drafting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use little Clanger figures (yes, they lived on the moon but close enough). They're cute.
If your Clanger is standing up, that means you're still in the game; if you pass then lie your Clanger down.
Resurrect your Clangers at the start of every new generation.
Really simple and intuitive way of remembering who's still in on any given round.

Of course, you could use any kind of figurine/miniature. But, you know. Clangers.

Edit: according to Wikipedia, they don't live on the moon. Still cute though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend Erik came up with a cool way to deal with the problem. Pics here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1920461/custom-activepassed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.