BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Bora Bora - $29.01 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serin Son
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ravensburger's Bora Bora costs just $29.01.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCGPO3O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H.
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boardgamegeek.com

Official Website (German language)

camelcamelcamel.com

Boardgameprices.com
Boardgameprices.com wrote:
BoardGameCo (Used) ($26.98) -- In Stock
Noble Knight Games ($50.00) -- In Stock
eBay (Prices from $ 33.00) -- In Stock

Cardhaus ($32.99) -- Unavailable
Cool Stuff Inc. ($35.99) -- Unavailable
We the Meeple ($32.68) -- Unavailable
Game Nerdz ($32.97) -- Unavailable

Stake your fortunes in the mysterious island world of Bora Bora. Journey across islands, building huts where the resilient men and women of your tribes can settle, discovering fishing grounds and collecting shells. Send priests to the temples, and gather offerings to curry favor with the gods.

In Bora Bora, players use dice to perform a variety of actions using careful insight and tactical planning. The heart of the game is its action resolution system in which 5-7 actions are available each round, the exact number depending on the number of players. Each player rolls three dice at the start of the round, then they take turns placing one die at a time on one action. Place a high number on an action, and you'll generally get a better version of that action: more places to build, more choices of people to take, better positioning on the temple track, and so on. Place a low number and you'll get a worse action – but you'll possibly block other players from taking the action at all as in order to take an action you must place a die on it with a lower number than any die already on the action.

Three task tiles on a player's individual game board provide some direction as to what he might want to do, while god tiles allow for special actions and rule-breaking, as gods are wont to do. The player who best watches how the game develops and uses the most effective strategy will prevail.

Product Details from Amazon
201801231700 UTC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan Feld's second-best game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Boots
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Was that 3rd party lowest a scam or what happened there?? I would imagine Hot Deals forums went nuts that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ct5150 wrote:
Stefan Feld's second-best game!!

You must mean third best. Because Bora Bora is nowhere as good as either Trajan or Castles of Burgundy... it's not a bad game by any means, but those two are incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheeraz Ahmad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been on my wish list for a while. Ordered a copy.

Thanks OP! I only got 12 games this month. Doing well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
dboots wrote:
Was that 3rd party lowest a scam or what happened there?? I would imagine Hot Deals forums went nuts that day.

I picked it up on Amazon last spring for $19.99 and it was legitimate. Very fun game, we played Mangrovia and Bora Bora last night after Conquest of Paradise - a fun, thematically-built evening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.