Subject: And another resource from neighbour question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Dear all,

here comes another boring "resource from neighbour" question, i know...

The situation is this.

Me, wanting to buy card X needing a stone i dont have, but player of left of me has stone (in wonder, upper left) and i have 2 coins.
Now the cards get flipped face up and the player to the right of me builds a building producing stone (raw material for exampple). I hurt myself more by giving 2 coins to the player left of me, than player right of me. Am i now obliged to give player left of me the two coins or do i have an option now, since the player to the right of me produces stone all of a sudden.

Kind regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
MichielTummers wrote:
Dear all,

here comes another boring "resource from neighbour" question, i know...

The situation is this.

Me, wanting to buy card X needing a stone i dont have, but player of left of me has stone (in wonder, upper left) and i have 2 coins.
Now the cards get flipped face up and the player to the right of me builds a building producing stone (raw material for exampple). I hurt myself more by giving 2 coins to the player left of me, than player right of me. Am i now obliged to give player left of me the two coins or do i have an option now, since the player to the right of me produces stone all of a sudden.

Kind regards

You have to pay the player on your left - you can only trade using resources existing before you build.

It isn't spelled out anywhere, but I like to think of the simultaneous play as happening in a number of simultaneous micro-steps something like this:
- All players select one card.
- All players reveal that card (or show that they are going to build a wonder with it).
- All players verify their build costs and pay for any trades (this cannot include cards being built this turn, as they haven't been built yet).
- All players build their chosen card / wonder (or discard it for coins).
- All players evaluate/receive any immediate benefit from building (this will include cards built by your neighbours, if relevant).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the answer!! The rest is totally clear to me
Can't wait to play it since i loved 7 Wonders Duel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree with James. As he says, it's not spelled out anywhere, but it is the only interpretation that makes any sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.