Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Printerstudio.com sellers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Flatters
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi everyone.
Looking to add to my supply/contact decks and wondered who has cards for sale on printerstudio.com?

If you could provide links to your stuff that would be great.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’m on my phone right now... I have some stuff but will be updating the links in. Week or two, so, for me, it may be safest to wait.

Upstarter, Phideaux, and Scarbuck all have stuff too. There’s a thread - I’ll try to link to it later when I’m at a laptop - but I think a lot of those have been updated since.

Guys, who am I forgetting? I feel like there’s a few more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Flatters
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks.
Would appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay, here's a thread:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24087783#24087783

A lot of the stuff in that thread is outdated, although I think it has the current links for Local Color, The Silk Road, and Star Wars.

I know that the links for my projects aren't up-to-date. I'm running a final printer check and will be putting up links for Aces & Eights and 3 Ship Packs (White Lightning, CanTankerous, Huntingdon's Bolt) in the next week or two.

Additionally, I have a draft version of The Black Market, that includes a new Supply Deck and new Contact.

Dave (Upstarter) has updated his Legal Work deck and has others besides. You can wait for him to roll by with the current links, or skim through the variants forums for his most recent threads.

Same with Scarbuck and the Three Amigos.

As I noted in the thread, there are a variety of other pretty major projects out there, but I'm not sure if they're posted for printing. There was a Miranda supply deck, that I think has a link to PrinterStudio here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1762757/miranda-deck-av...

At the risk off offering too much editorial content, some of the expansions have been more extensively discussed and playtested than others, so your mileage may vary, especially with the ones that pop up and get printed pretty quickly, or, frankly, most stuff that pre-dates the release of Kalidasa (in my opinion, the game has shifted fairly siginficantly, and earlier expansions may be a bit out of step these days).

Speaking for myself, for example, I know that Local Color is in need of an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:

Dave (Upstarter) has updated his Legal Work deck and has others besides. You can wait for him to roll by with the current links, or skim through the variants forums for his most recent threads.

From over in Legal work - For the Aliiance (Page 16):

UpStarter wrote:
After much hard work, I've updated the whole deck as best as I can.

There is an update PDF listing alterations and is awaiting approval.

The deck can be found on Printer Studio.

Please do not ask for any further alterations. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Flatters
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Right, well I will be waiting for the aces and eights update with bated breath, and the Interpol deck is getting ordered as soon as I get paid.
Thanks boys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I should wait until you have everything you want available to order all in one go.

Save on postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Indeed.

I can only imagine what a single order of all this stuff would cost, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been trying to go through and clean up my contributions to the heavy, heavy box that Firefly has become... whistle I'm just glad the ships are all plastic instead of lead.

This is the Magnum PI Deck. It's the most recent version, with some slightly updated art, and alternate versions of the Lads and TC's Shuttle, so you can use the one that works best for your group. Also includes a custom Crew and Upgrades for the Jade Monkey.

http://www.printerstudio.com/design/dn_show_parse.aspx?produ...

This is the grande chimichanga that is The Three Amigos. Also includes some random custom stuff. You can tell what belongs to the Amigos by the sombrero icon.

http://www.printerstudio.com/design/dn_show_parse.aspx?produ...

This will get you to the Thread, specifically the page with the ships.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28056411#28056411

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
This may sound like a really stupid question, but when you quick-preview the cards on Printerstudio there is a dotted red line just in from the border, is that just a formatting tool or is that part of the print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The dotted red line will not show. It indicates the "safe" zone of the card. PrinterStudio recommends that you not have anything important in the stretch between the red line and the border because it might be shifted slightly. I've rarely if ever had issues with this. (I had one batch that came out printed "to the side" but it was a test print, so I didn't care much.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
Oh awesome, just wanted to double check! And another question for those who've had more experience with Printerstudio, has anyone had any issues with accessing the "My Library" section? I wanted to fill out the few empty spots on the Ship Upgrade Pack (The one with the base firefly and Walden upgrades) but Im having serious issues trying to access "My Library" which is where I have saved the other card parks from which Id like to hand pick a few more cards. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Flatters
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Apollo117X wrote:
This may sound like a really stupid question, but when you quick-preview the cards on Printerstudio there is a dotted red line just in from the border, is that just a formatting tool or is that part of the print?

Not a stupid question from my point of view. I wondered something similar myself.
😂😂😂

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apollo117X wrote:
Oh awesome, just wanted to double check! And another question for those who've had more experience with Printerstudio, has anyone had any issues with accessing the "My Library" section? I wanted to fill out the few empty spots on the Ship Upgrade Pack (The one with the base firefly and Walden upgrades) but Im having serious issues trying to access "My Library" which is where I have saved the other card parks from which Id like to hand pick a few more cards. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated

I've had some issues. Particularly when saving cards from other people's decks. Like I was trying to grab the Meridian back from one of Gwek's decks and it would only show as a blank box in the library. But it also did that for some of my own, or didn't show anything at all. I deleted a bunch of saved stuff thinking, there might be a memory cap, but nothing. No idea what's up with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
Oh so it isn't just me :/

Did you find any way around it? Because I have the same issue where I can see my albums of cards, but when I select them they just appear as white boxes and the same goes for when I try to add them in.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to download cards as just files, so I can try to re-upload them and do it that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a go and it ain't easy.

The easy way is to get the original source files...

The ones you want MAY be in a thread somewhere (possibly with DRAFT on them). Other than that you need to grovel to the originator and hope they take pity on you.

Or maybe you'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the deck off Printer Studio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no luck, and just ended up re-uploading a bunch of stuff. Very odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
So try as I may I couldn't find a solution for this online anywhere and Im starting to get a little frustrated. I keep trying fill out the spaces left empty but every time I open "My Library" they are all just blank boxes.. They even let me "select" them and then "add" them to the new deck, but then they are still just blank boxes that I cant drag across to fill the empty spots.

In all honesty I could just order both decks, but most of the cards in the Aces & Eights I cant see me or my table using in our game. So if anyone could point me in the right direction of a viable workaround I would be forever grateful <3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
Good news everyone!!! If you ever have an issue with "blank boxes" in your library, just contact Printer Studios on Facebook and send them a message there. They go on and "recover" you images for you and now they are all back in working order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.