Subject: Can this be adapted for D/deaf people? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Le Brun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE this game. But I regularly play with D/deaf and HoH people. (Deaf and deaf are different, hence the two Ds!)

Has anyone thought of a way that this can be adapted for sign language users (aka, we need to see each other!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do not have to see the card, so maybe pass it around instead of having it in the center of the table? Or less time consuming is to place it on a stand facing all other players ("Hanabi style"), and maybe use a screen (much like an rpg screen) so that even the back of the card is not visible to the dreamer.

The other thing they should not know is if they guessed right or wrong, and for that it will be a memory feat. Just place all the guessed card on the same place (without revealing the card to the dreamer), then divide them on correct/wrong when the round end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Le Brun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are fab ideas, thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
And did you try it?

I imagine it would be easier for the dreamer to identify the hidden roles based on the facial expressions of the other players. Maybe you can share something about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Le Brun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iceskaarj wrote:
And did you try it?

I imagine it would be easier for the dreamer to identify the hidden roles based on the facial expressions of the other players. Maybe you can share something about this?

Not yet. We haven't met up this month, and I need to make a screen to adapt it, I think, as we play on a round table, so need to think about angles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
We played it with deaf people this week. We used game box to hide the cards from the dreamer and it worked quite well. The downsides are that everyone needs to have a good poker face (I was able to identify a naughty spirit based on her facial expressions) and that it`s quite difficult for the dreamer to remember the words when the eyes are not closed/covered because of visual distractions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.