Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Priest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Inspired by others on this forum I have made my own miniatures version of this game and present some pics here to mark the anniversary of the battle.

This wide shot shows the whole board which is on top of my larger wargames table covered in Hexon.

I used an mdf board which was very cheap from a local DIY store and drew out the zones with a Sharpie using the map as a guide.

As a wargamer of long standing I already had a large collection of 15mm Zulu War minis mostly by Minifigs and Naismith.

My British infantry are based 2 figs to a 20mm square base. Here are some in front of the hospital.

The buildings and barricades are resin from Hovels. these painted up very quickly.

Here is an end view from the cattle kraal. Metal cattle kraal walls supplied by Irregular Miniatures here in the UK.

The Zulus are based on 40mm by 20mm bases with 4 or 5 minis per base. I have substantially changed the rules and no longer count strength points only stands of minis.

The wagons I believe I purchased from Warrior miniatures many years ago.
I glued card labels on to each zone as per the game map and use the LOS chart from BGG to figure who can shoot at what.

Here's a birds eye view of the board.

I used flock on the green zones and sealed it with pva glue. The compound zones I simply painted brown.

Hope you find this useful or at least mildly interesting. Thanks for looking.

Regards

Dave

• [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbs Sir !
Thousands of 'em ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was jealous when I read "table covered in Hexon" I would love to have that, but it has always been too expensive to get shipped to the US.

Then I kept reading.

And looked at the pictures.

Now I am beyond jealous.

Great set up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Auclair
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is so very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to play w you!
So great job! Bravo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.