Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Fung
United States
Westbury
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My stickers just arrived but when I look at them, they appear to be the same stickers as the ones in the box.

What makes them "removable"? Is it just another set of stickers or is the adhesive lighter. This is a question for those who already used it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Banan
msg tools
They are made from vinyl, not paper, with a non-transferring adhesive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually gone through my whole box and carefully peeled off and replaced all the stickers that came on things with the removable stickers. From my experience, the longer regular stickers sit on any surface, the harder they are to remove without residue. Any that left residue, I scraped off as much as I could and carefully used some plain scotch tape to get the rest of it off. I wanted to make sure the surfaces I stuck the new stickers on were as clean as they could be to get the best use out of the new removable stickers.

The original stickers that came on everything in many cases tore as they came off, transferred ink dust on my hands, and left residue that was tricky to get off what they were stuck to. They were clearly meant to be torn when opened rather than unstuck. They were basically just paper stickers.

I had a couple of the removable ones that I had to re-seat so I peeled them off and re-stuck them. They came off without tearing or leaving anything on the items I peeled them off from. You might see some slight surface wrinkling in the laminate of the removable stickers after you peel them off but the color stays on them (not you) and they will still re-stick as long as the surface you peeled them off of was clean. The removable stickers were thicker and more ridged than the original stickers and felt more like matte-finished plastic.

I'm not sure how many uses out of the removable stickers you will get. Maybe a couple? The one I'm most unsure of is the town book sticker since it has a perforated seam that is usually made for tearing. You'll probably have to be careful when removing that one if you intend to reuse it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would guess that most people are probably more concerned with how the stickers perform when used on the map/achievements board and the ability cards, and not so much about how they perform as far as resealing boxes and envelopes.

But different people have different priorities, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian KE
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a related question (vague Envelope B spoilers):

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We unlocked Envelope B, and it has a sticker that needs to be placed on the board. Did the removable stickers include a copy of this sticker and I somehow misplaced it? Can't seem to find it, but if it wasn't included I'll stop looking.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Lacny
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JulianKE wrote:
I have a related question (vague Envelope B spoilers):

We unlocked Envelope B, and it has a sticker that needs to be placed on the board. Did the removable stickers include a copy of this sticker and I somehow misplaced it? Can't seem to find it, but if it wasn't included I'll stop looking.

Thanks.

No it doesnt.
It contains the checklist for the Sanctuary instead (not a sticker)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian KE
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

No it doesnt.
It contains the checklist for the Sanctuary instead (not a sticker)

Ah, OK. Good to hear I didn't lose anything. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblaw
msg tools
Followup question regarding the contents of Envelope B and the Second Edition:

My sticker shows the original prosperity track from the first printing (5 points to level 2) instead of the shorter one (4 points to level 2) from the second printing. Anyone else have the same issue? It seems like a minor oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mk1942 wrote:
Followup question regarding the contents of Envelope B and the Second Edition:

My sticker shows the original prosperity track from the first printing (5 points to level 2) instead of the shorter one (4 points to level 2) from the second printing. Anyone else have the same issue? It seems like a minor oversight.

Super minor since that part of the sticker isn't really part of the sticker i.e. it doesn't peel off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblaw
msg tools
Selurevad wrote:

Super minor since that part of the sticker isn't really part of the sticker i.e. it doesn't peel off

Lol, should have noticed that. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.