Shipping to Canada is way too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
Shipping to Canada is way too high.

Hey Jonathan. We hear you and we're so sorry this is the case. It's important to note that the shipping costs are just safe estimates for now. We're reaching a point soon where we can offer a much clearer number and we're doing everything we can to offer Canada-friendly shipping that should help lower the cost. I'll report back here if we can offer good news.

May I inquire, what would be a reasonable shipping cost in your eyes and experience?

Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the stated shipping costs are higher than usual. But as the stretch goals unlock, the value proposition gets better. Since the goals are spaced out at $2000 and each goal gets backers 20 cards, there's an incentive to back and get as much content into the game as possible.

Being from the States, I'm used to the luxury of having shipping included in the pledge price or having to spend a nominal $4 or so.

At the moment, US shipping is listed at $15. $6-$10 seems more reasonable, especially given that miniature market has $6 flat rate shipping for any order. But I'm not going to pretend I understand your costs and trust that the numbers you are posting are there for a reason.

And sorry, no experience to speak to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the insight, Jack. And you're spot on: the way we structured stretch goals (which we'll likely need to rethink in the future) is constantly increasing not only the cost and value of the game but the weight too. And this in turn has made it so that higher estimates were the safest way for us to go. We didn't want to charge higher costs up front at the expense of the backers but it seems the way we've done it can really lead to skepticism and confusion. For this we're sorry and we're doing everything we can to make it better for our backers.

Also, it's worth noting that these estimates are based on an arrangement with European-based fulfillment. Of course, we do not intend to actually ship everything out from Europe in the end, and as we're getting final numbers from our other partners we'll be updating. Fingers crossed that I have good news to share with you all by next week!

[Edited for typos!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agree canada is a bit high but would rather it be a safe estimate than people freaking if it is higher than expected come pledge manager time. I am doubtful if this will see a wide release so its a safer bet to get now with promo stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support and solid reasoning here, Dan. We are doing everything we can to try to get a new estimate out so that people can maybe rest a bit more easy. We are also in touch with our Canadian fulfilment partner and doing some math to determine at which threshold of Canada-based backers makes it affordable for us to offer Canada-friendly shipping. Hoping to get an update out on the topic ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Djokic
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you comment on where you'll be shipping from? I could justify a $20 shipping fee, if we had confirmation that it would ship from within the country.

Shipping fees are one thing, random customs and brokerage fees are another.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey Ivan. We are aiming to ship from EU, from US, and from Asia. We are not 100% sure if we are shipping from Canada yet, and will base it on our final backer numbers closer to the end of the campaign (and perhaps after, even, if we get more Canadian pre-orders as well). We're just now on the cusp of announcing new shipping estimates but I can say that via my tests (which are far from 100% accurate) the game could end up weighing 2kg! That's a lot and should explain further why we went for such high estimates in the beginning.

Hope this helps and if not, please don't hesitate to ask anything further!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Djokic
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. No worries about the high cost, I’m really most interested to know if there will be a Canadian shipping source.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yowza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will you share final shipping charges to the US?

Will the shipping cost to the US will be less than the current estimate of $15 if you'll be shipping from the US. Is that a reasonable assumption?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Dylan, do you think the MSRP in Canada will be about $60 or will it be less? The price for Canadians is estimated at $60 on the Kickstarter page currently. The reason I ask is because it may just be cheaper to wait for a Canadian retailer to receive copies, especially subtracting the shipping price. For some reason I suspect the MSRP will be lower, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
'insert condescending one-liner here'

Joke aside, I would back too if the canadian shipping costs improve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraig Duggan
Ireland
flag msg tools
You could all back at the print and play and see. If shipping doesn't work out you at least can enjoy the game until the retail version is available us you'll have all the cards that you'd have to but for extra later. If shipping does work out or if you discover you enjoy the PnP so much it doesn't matter st least your in and will get access to pledge manager to upgrade later ,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
jovani wrote:
Can you comment on where you'll be shipping from? I could justify a $20 shipping fee, if we had confirmation that it would ship from within the country.

Thanks.

Hey Ivan. As of the update this evening I can confirm we'll provide Canada-friendly shipping (ie. shipped from within Canada). Oh, and we got the price down to $18 CAD which we know it's much from $20 but we did what we could based on the information (and fees) that our fulfilment partner in Canada provided us. I hope this is helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
yowza71 wrote:
When will you share final shipping charges to the US?

We've just shared our refined shipping estimates some hours ago on the Kickstarter page. US is now slated at $13 USD.

However, "final" shipping charges will appear inside of BackerKit. We're determined to not go over our estimates (for the base game) and we provide them to give people a starting point. But it's safe to say things are final when you see the numbers in the pledge manager, if that's fair?

yowza71 wrote:
Will the shipping cost to the US will be less than the current estimate of $15 if you'll be shipping from the US. Is that a reasonable assumption?

As noted above, yes. But not by much. You might ask why and it's because the game is estimated at around 2kg. It's very hard to accurately estimate game weight but we didn't want to get things wrong here so we made the safest estimate we could. That's pretty heavy (not like Gloomhaven heavy, but still) and pushes things into a different shipping bracket.

And yes, we are shipping US-friendly, meaning from within the US to our US backers. This has also been confirmed on the campaign page by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
gmbg44 wrote:
Hi Dylan, do you think the MSRP in Canada will be about $60 or will it be less? The price for Canadians is estimated at $60 on the Kickstarter page currently. The reason I ask is because it may just be cheaper to wait for a Canadian retailer to receive copies, especially subtracting the shipping price. For some reason I suspect the MSRP will be lower, but I'm not sure.

Hey Eugene! meeple We've stated an estimated €44 for the MSRP. If it stays there, that's actually $68 CAD (approximately) but to be honest we are terrifically new to the Canadian market so I couldn't tell you personally what retailers out there will do (or if they will even want to pick up the game).

What experiences have you had in the past that lead you to believe it'd be likely for the MSRP to be lower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Neurasth wrote:
I would back too if the canadian shipping costs improve

Please see above and the campaign page and let me know if that counts as enough of an improvement or not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dilkROM wrote:
gmbg44 wrote:

Hey Eugene! meeple We've stated an estimated €44 for the MSRP. If it stays there, that's actually $68 CAD (approximately) but to be honest we are terrifically new to the Canadian market so I couldn't tell you personally what retailers out there will do (or if they will even want to pick up the game).

What experiences have you had in the past that lead you to believe it'd be likely for the MSRP to be lower?

this seems like something boardgamebliss.com would pick up. They bring in a lot of import games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dilkROM wrote:
jovani wrote:

Thanks.

Hey Ivan. As of the update this evening I can confirm we'll provide Canada-friendly shipping (ie. shipped from within Canada). Oh, and we got the price down to $18 CAD which we know it's much from $20 but we did what we could based on the information (and fees) that our fulfilment partner in Canada provided us. I hope this is helpful!

and this is what i was looking for. shipping here is expensive but with no fear of customs charges is my target, back to backing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, Dan, that's great to hear! And we'll check them out and see if they are interested. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.