Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will ignore your KS messages on the KS site in favour of people who email their helpdesk on their site.

Oh and won't tell you about it until weeks after you messaged them because you know stuff you and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? What specifically are you referring to? Trying to ascertain what it is you're trying to say...

Did you ask them a question in the KS comments that they never responded to, or did you send them a direct message through Kickstarter they never responded to? And what was it about? This campaign or a previous campaign of theirs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bradleykins wrote:
They will ignore your KS messages on the KS site in favour of people who email their helpdesk on their site.

Isn't this how it's supposed to work? KS isn't their company site. If you need to get a hold of them emailing the help desk is likely the best way. A private message through KS might work, KS comments in a campaigns is the worst option.

Quote:
Oh and won't tell you about it until weeks after you messaged them because you know stuff you and all that.

There's likely many many people emailing them and they're going through the queue to reply to them all. Likely to be some delay time before a reply comes through.

---

I can understand being frustrated when you need tech help and can't get it. But it may be better to explain more precisely what the issue is, rather than a general complaint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question was if our shipping was EU friendly, which it is.

I personally replied to you apologizing for not reaching out in time. Kickstarter messaging system is quite complicated to track.

We will be more clear next time that you can send questions to support@thundergryph.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
Huh? What specifically are you referring to? Trying to ascertain what it is you're trying to say...

Did you ask them a question in the KS comments that they never responded to, or did you send them a direct message through Kickstarter they never responded to? And what was it about? This campaign or a previous campaign of theirs?

I asked a question in KS on Jan 5th, they responded on Jan 23rd (today) telling me i should have known better and sent it to their helpdesk on their website.

I never received an apology for being ignored, but was told they dont care if I tell people they dont communicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
bradleykins wrote:

Isn't this how it's supposed to work? KS isn't their company site. If you need to get a hold of them emailing the help desk is likely the best way. A private message through KS might work, KS comments in a campaigns is the worst option.

Quote:

There's likely many many people emailing them and they're going through the queue to reply to them all. Likely to be some delay time before a reply comes through.

---

I can understand being frustrated when you need tech help and can't get it. But it may be better to explain more precisely what the issue is, rather than a general complaint.

My apologies, i didn't mean they ignored a KS in favour of their other support requests - that ok i can understand (ish) but i mean they ignored my KS question sent using their campaign and favoured the questions that were sent to them via their own email address to do with KS - basically they just ignored me because i used the KS tools.

They didnt respond to a KS question, which was sent through their campaign following instructions from their campaign page at the bottom:

"Any questions check the faq" > "not answered your question? send a message" > ignored for 18 days...

They happily told me they respond within hours if you dont use their campaign tools in KS, which they neglect to inform you if you read their Campaign info - thats my complaint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xoul wrote:
The question was if our shipping was EU friendly, which it is.

I personally replied to you apologizing for not reaching out in time. Kickstarter messaging system is quite complicated to track.

We will be more clear next time that you can send questions to support@thundergryph.com

Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi

January 23, 2018

Hello Bradley,

During Kickstarter we use our help desk (support@thundergryph.com) to track your questions, you receive reply within hours.

About your question, yes. The project is EU friendly.

Have a good day yourself!
Gon

Bradleykins

January 23, 2018

Well that information may have been useful somewhere like the friggin FAQ page, instead of letting people shout into the wind??

How much effort would that have been?

I was a returning backer from Tao Long, and would have maintained my pledge but considering the poor support process - which hours took you weeks to respond, regardless of how damn fast you do it on your NON KS site...

You will note i cancelled my pledge and will not be backing any future projects or supporting your company.

So have a great day bud.

Thanks for the waste of my time.

Nik

Bradleykins

January 23, 2018

Considering this:

"We are consistently monitoring the project and working hard to remove as much risk as we can from you and bear with it ourselves, If you have any questions about the project development please don't hesitate to ask. We are striving to be as transparent as possible.

Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ
"

And you think i should magically contact your helpdesk for a fast response...

Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi

January 23, 2018

Hey Bradley,

I understand your frustration, but do consider that all the custom friendly logos were shown from the beginning on the Shipping section.

All the Best,
Gon

Bradleykins

January 23, 2018

but not where to post questions?

Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi

January 23, 2018

We will consider making sure to estate that in our next campaign. Thank you.

Bradleykins

January 23, 2018

Well thanks for the apology...

I will make sure to express my satisfaction at the upcoming Scottish Convention when i demo some games.

And pretty much anyone who will listen.

Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi

January 23, 2018

Sure, sounds good!

All the Best,
Gon

Your conversation trail doesnt show a single apology after leaving me 18 days without a response, but again i suppose your backers are supposed to imagine they get an apology much like the instructions to use your NON-KS helpdesk? / Messaging?

18 days is not a little amount of time, its over half the time your campaign was live and is a ridiculous thing to do to backers - I can understand i missed some information that is on the campaign but i didnt miss the non existent instructions for messages or the transparent process in which you ignore them. I would have been fine with a sorry somewhere but instead you just blamed me for not using your helpdesk, then for missing the info in the first place...

The question is a legitimate one i have asked countless companies, never have they left me 18 days with no response and never have any refused to apologise when they make a mistake.

That's not customer support or a good business strategy in my eyes and one that i intend to warn people about - you make a mistake and dont apologise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nando The Rebel
msg tools
mb
This is the self-entitled guy that is also moaning about it on Facebook. Man... get a life. Sorry

bradleykins wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Johnson
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, chill out. For real. They answered your question and don't need to apologize for anything. You would be the type of person I would hate to have as a backer if I were a game designer. I bet you'll whine and complain if this game is a day late in the *estimated* completion time frame too, won't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok maybe i am entitled, i think that if i am handing over any amount of money then i am entitled to an answer ina reasonable amount of time.

I think i am entitled to highlight that the creator lied in a forum post about an apology he never gave.

I think everyone else is entitled to know that this happened when they make a decision to back a campaign.

I am not a perfect person, who is but i expect people to own mistakes in the same way i would.

If its me, and it often has been, that makes a mistake i own it and apologise for it. I don't lie to everyone else and say i did it when i didn't.

Fair enough people are entitled to back this campaign if they want that kind of behaviour but i for one will not and would like to know that someone will do such things.

Where does the your determination to hate on someone highlighting issues stop and attention to facts begin?

I suppose its a silly age to ask that with the weekly news we get but when you have a Creator posting that he did something and a chat log showing he didnt - doesn't that cause concern? Does that not make you wonder what else has this person lied about? What will they lie about?

I understand mistakes can be made and yes this started with one, but to have 0 customer support skills in answering responses when your entire premise is to ask for money and support from those same people i think is a problem.

I won't stop anyone from handing money over to people who act like that but i also won't not post about it because its not a popular opinion.

Whilst people might like to troll me about it or flame because they think i am entitled i don't care and this post is not for you its for the people who do care about the ethics of the maker and the company they would support and about the customer support they can expect.

What happens in 4 months when the delivery begins and you dont receive a package but contact their Kickstarter published communications chain - only to hear nothing for 3 weeks or more?

I do wonder if people put themselves in the other spot if the posts and responses would be the same as this is a game from someone who doesnt care about a single backer, then what makes him care about you? The answer he doesn't - he just wants his game made and your a number on the spreadsheet and nothing more.

Who cares about the community the game may make, he does't he showed that in not really caring about upsetting a single person.

To you Gonzalo, i would like to apologise (in public) for swearing at you in our third message when no one was responding - i didn't think that anyone would ever read the communication and as you noted i was frustrated, but it wasn't fair at the end of the day.

I hope you noted the lack of profanity in the following messages, regardless of how little you cared i didn't do it when someone was there.

You might never apologise back, but at least i have said my piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it only fair to admit i have received an apology for this now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarra Scott
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Urbanization the Board Game: my first original game design
mbmbmbmbmb
Because he did not literally say "I'm sorry"?

Your attempt at this smear campaign is not harming Thunderglyph so much as advertising what a nasty petulant person you are. One who whines because he doesn't get his hand held when it comes to information that is in a very clear, very common icon had you bothered to actually read about the campaign you were backing.

Now you are trying to hurt the company because they didn't respond to your non-question that was in the first page of their campaign (in icon form no less that should have been easily recognized by someone who claims to have backed 100+ KS campaigns) fast enough. And then you sent them a nasty vitriolic message after Gon very calmly answered your question - your message that contained a threat. You are lucky he didn't report you to Kickstarter and had you banned. I certainly would have.

In short, you were so wrong in so many ways and are continuing to dig a deeper hole that makes you look worse with every word you write. Delete all the crap you have been posting here, on Facebook, and anywhere else you have tried to smear Thunderglyph with your lies and poor reading skills. Move on with your life.

Also, liking your own posts is lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please bear in mind that there are community guidelines, and nothing i have done has broken them, but so far a lot of the replies have.

If you have an opinion - sure share it but be nice, its what you agreed to when you signed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to level the scales

I backed it in the first 72 hours and that was because it was confirmed in the Shipping section with the large map, EU friendly badge etc, where pretty much the majority of Kickstarter projects place their info on such things, in my KS experience anyway!

Several people replied to you on the 15th Jan on the KS comments telling you where the EU friendly info was on the KS page itself too, so maybe they thought you'd figured it out by then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bradley
Scotland
Glenrothes
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats fair enough, but by that point is was two weeks late and i cancelled my pledge based on non communication from the creators that same moment as posting in the comments.

Yes i did miss the EU shipping tag but at the same time, who hasn't missed a small bit of info in something in their lives and asked about it only to realise it was a silly question?

Its also likely to be a popular one, which is why i went to the FAQ first, its not like i just ignore every bit of detail possible and immediatly demand answers, i double read the page missed the tiny image of EU friendly and checked the faq before asking - i don't think thats unreasonable.

Though i should add that the creator did message me to say that they intend to improve on this going forward, which is great - that they acknowledge and improve on problems with their management - that doesn't change the fact it happened to me and whilst all the backers may not agree at least the creators do and will do something about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
living overseas
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who backed the Black Box Edition of Glory to Rome on Kickstarter, I find this hilarious. *eats popcorn*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Houle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came across this thread now...wow. Man-child spends hours and hours putting energy into whining and typing and can't read what is clearly in front of him on a webpage. How about reading? How about frigging scouring the information on the Kickstarter page to make sure what your asking isn't already answered? Especially if your going to commit hours of whining and crying in the shower over this. Also people told you there's a friendly shipping seal in the Kickstarter thread? And you not only didn't feel an overwhelming sense of embarrasment and remorse but your keeping it up? I wouldn't play a game with you if it saved 10 lives. Go talk to your grandfather and ask him what its like to be a man. If he's not around (most likely no man around that influenced you) go find any old man and ask him to teach you what real life is. I don't care if I'm coming off as harsh, its what you need..this planet is filling up with children like you and its not a good thing. I'll give you a tip...go do some manual labor for 8 hours, get your hands dirty and accomplish something. Happiness is derived from having a purpose. You clearly need one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Britt
United States
Providence
RI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Not a week later this same person harassed me during the Re-Chord campaign and accused us of conflict of interest for using Thundergryph to fulfill our EU games and having Martyn's quote on our KS page. He did this solely based on his complaints with Thundergryph and sent multiple accusatory and rude messages during our final 48 hours.

I'm not sure why you are so angry or entitled Bradley, but this thread enforces what I told you in our messages. Some folks are not meant to be part of the Yanaguana Family. I find it extremely petty of you to carry this grudge over to our campaign and then start harassing us over it.

You really should listen to the people here, and on facebook, who are telling you that this is terrible behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.