Subject: Question! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Dyck
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I was looking on amazon to buy this game, and i found that if I also bought the expansion Colony Wars, Id get free shipping! So, of course, I did! It’s on the way now, but I had a question for when it does come.

Should I play the base game without the expansion for a while before I add the expansion? Or should I just jump right in with Colony Wars?

I’m fine with whatever, but I think I might wanna get a grip on the original game first! What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
Colony Wars is a standalone set. Don't mix them, play with the core set at first (it's easier) and then jump into Colony (it's better). Then do whatever you want

Cheers.

Edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dyck
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vir3ns wrote:
Colony Wars is a standalone set. Don't mix them, play with the core set at first (it's easier) and then jump into Colony (it's better). Then do whatever you want

Cheers.

Edit: spelling

Oh thanks! I’ll do that then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dolloff
msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome game. Colony Wars doesn't really add more complexity to the game but it does add more variety. You could play them mixed together on your first play and they would play fine, but you might want to play with only one set for a few games just to get familiar with the game before adding more stuff in. In my experience, Colony Wars USUALLY plays much more aggressively and games are shorter with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dyck
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Denga wrote:
Awesome game. Colony Wars doesn't really add more complexity to the game but it does add more variety. You could play them mixed together on your first play and they would play fine, but you might want to play with only one set for a few games just to get familiar with the game before adding more stuff in. In my experience, Colony Wars USUALLY plays much more aggressively and games are shorter with it.

Ya Ill probably play them separately at first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.