Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The registration for the expo is now live. I'd like to register early for the full event as I have requested the week off from work. Curious as to what others will be playing if you are attending this year. I'd like to get in a game of Nations in Arms and some 1805: Seas of Glory, and maybe a game or two of some single ASL scenarios.

Does this sound reasonable or is that to much action to hope for?

What kind of gaming schedules do others strive for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the registrations start to pour in you can look on the Expo website and see what others have put as their primary and secondary game choices. Make sure you put yours up if you haven't already done so. Everyone's email address is on the list. So if you see others that are interested in your game you can maybe, as an example, contact people who have 1805 as a secondary choice and ask when their primary game might be over.

As the con gets closer John will ask people who have picked games that don't have enough participants to warrant assigning the necessary table space to choose another game. This weeds out some selections so you have to be flexible if you're interested in games that aren't on the 'sexy list' (newer multiplayer games, OCS, La Batt.).

To be honest, I don't think ASL has ever seen a huge amount of play mainly due to the fact that it's difficult for players to bring all the stuff required to play. ASL doesn't 'travel well'. But there are sometimes a few pick up games.

Welcome. YOu'll be glad you came. It's a great con whatever you end up playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gap10 wrote:
Welcome. You'll be glad you came. It's a great con whatever you end up playing.

Word
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The annual donation drive for Consimworld is up!
https://mailchi.mp/664ac33bb889/gr9059m3gf

Take a moment to consider this. It is part of our heritage and history.
Donate to help John Kranz expand this valuable service for all of us.

This year more than ever Consimworld needs our support:
"...we fixed our server performance issues by committing to a 5-figure annual investment to host our forum on an enterprise-level hosting facility..."

Your Silver-level donation of $10 will earn you ONE free game. You will also be eligible for many publisher-direct specials during February and March (to easily recoup your $10 donation).
Your Gold-level donation of $25 or more will earn you TWO free games, including the special edition CSW Donation Drive game from High Flying Dice Games.
You will also be eligible for many publisher-direct specials, many offering even greater savings at the Gold contribution level.

https://mailchi.mp/664ac33bb889/gr9059m3gf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gap10 wrote:
To be honest, I don't think ASL has ever seen a huge amount of play mainly due to the fact that it's difficult for players to bring all the stuff required to play. ASL doesn't 'travel well'. But there are sometimes a few pick up games.

It’s true that there isn’t much ASL being played, but when it gets played, it gets played big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
mmccalpin wrote:
gap10 wrote:

It’s true that there isn’t much ASL being played, but when it gets played, it gets played big.

So that's like what, half of a hex in Liberty Roads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a serious game of ASL. I was thinking more like a few pre-determined scenarios from Yanks, or even the ASLSK's lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
mmccalpin wrote:
gap10 wrote:

That’s exactly the sort of meaningless and ridiculous question that I have to check up. It turns out that the maps on this table represent about five kilometers of beach front, which is only a fifth of a Liberty Roads hex. So if these guys spent a week playing and really crushed the defenders, it would be like adding one pip to the die roll on the Liberty Roads CRT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
mmccalpin wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
mmccalpin wrote:
gap10 wrote:

That’s exactly the sort of meaningless and ridiculous question that I have to check up. It turns out that the maps on this table represent about five kilometers of beach front, which is only a fifth of a Liberty Roads hex. So if these guys spent a week playing and really crushed the defenders, it would be like adding one pip to the die roll on the Liberty Roads CRT.

laugh

We often joke about combining tactical games like ASL with operational or strategic games like Liberty Roads or WIF. Yeah, I guess it's a bit impractical!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.