5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about class with 2 boxes skill SPOILERS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
justas justas
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Beast Tyrant have a couple of skills that lets you swap positions of units/monsters.

can you swap a position of monster A (not flying) with monster B (flying)
when monster B is over an object to deal TRAP damage to the monster A and cause it to move to an adjacent space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Davitt
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
While I'm not absolutely 100% sure, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that.

Also, I like the way you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I don't see why not.

Perhaps the better question is what happens if you swap a non-Flying monster onto an obstacle that *isn't* a trap.

I'd assume it would be able to move off on its next movement action - but what if it has no valid paths off (not common in standard maps, but with a Cragheart in play, maybe)? Is it just permanently immobilised?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justas justas
msg tools
thespaceinvader wrote:
I don't see why not.

Perhaps the better question is what happens if you swap a non-Flying monster onto an obstacle that *isn't* a trap.

I'd assume it would be able to move off on its next movement action - but what if it has no valid paths off (not common in standard maps, but with a Cragheart in play, maybe)? Is it just permanently immobilised?

no, if a monster looses flying on an object it gets trap damage and is places on the nearest empty hex. so in this case this rule from the rulebook should apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has done this before but the flying monster was pushed onto a trap, then she switched places with a non-flyer to deal trap damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.