Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Valeria: Card Kingdoms» Forums » News

Subject: Shadowvale Launches on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David @DailyMagicGames
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We're pleased to announce that Valeria: Card Kingdoms: Shadowvale has launched on Kickstarter.

Darkness looms upon the Kingdom of Valeria. Werewolves, Vampires, and other shadowy creatures reach out in the night to tear apart your people. But never fear, new Citizens have joined the fray - some specializing in taking out these dark creatures!

Valeria: Card Kingdoms: Shadowvale brings in a whole new set of Citizens, Monsters, Domains, and Dukes that you can play stand-alone using components from the base game, or mix with card stacks from the base game and previous expansions for all new experiences.

Kickstarter Backers will also receive Expansion Pack #6: Relics with their rewards pledge. With Relics, you'll discover a whole new mechanic that will give you a slight edge during certain actions. During setup, shuffle up the Relics and give one to each player. Each Relic has a unique power. During the game, use your Relic to get bonus actions or discounts on performing actions to amplify your progress in the game.

Thanks for supporting Valeria: Card Kingdoms: Shadowvale.

David at Daily Magic Games
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
Good luck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 8
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!

…now, if only you would've included a link to this KS campaign you mention.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in for the expansion plus the big box. Can't wait. Cards and abilities look great.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yeah. Done and done. As in, I just backed it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I am in for the expansion plus the big box. Can't wait. Cards and abilities look great.

Same here. And don’t forget the extra tokens! (Unless of course you already bought them at the Flames & Frost campaign...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
Dirk_M wrote:
rickert wrote:
I am in for the expansion plus the big box. Can't wait. Cards and abilities look great.

Same here. And don’t forget the extra tokens! (Unless of course you already bought them at the Flames & Frost campaign...)


Just for clarity, the extra tokens may or may not matter at all to any given person. So don't look at it and think you have to have it. It's just for people who don't want to use the multiplier tokens (little 5x and 10x tokens that sit under a gold/attack/magic token) or who play 5 player a lot (resources tend to be more plentiful).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirk_M wrote:
rickert wrote:
I am in for the expansion plus the big box. Can't wait. Cards and abilities look great.

Same here. And don’t forget the extra tokens! (Unless of course you already bought them at the Flames & Frost campaign...)


I did get them last campaign and consider them vital to an easy game flow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't backed KS before and as a first timer it is a little confusing. I committed to Shadowvale for $28 (with shipping) but how do I claim the extra tokens or big box? There seems to be no link for them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
2geminis wrote:
I haven't backed KS before and as a first timer it is a little confusing. I committed to Shadowvale for $28 (with shipping) but how do I claim the extra tokens or big box? There seems to be no link for them.


General Kickstarter procedure is you increase your pledge amount (either when you first pledge, or by clicking the "Manager your pledge" button) by how much the addons will cost. This is because Kickstarter is very feature-poor for things like addons, so creators have to just kind of kludge around it.

Typically, there is also a thing after the KS campaign is over called a "pledge manager". Some examples are PledgeManager (the one DMG has used in the past), BackerKit and CrowdOx. Those are used by the campaign creators to let the backers tell them how their extra money should be applied. There is usually a chance to also add extra money at that point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation. I updated my pledge although the confirmation email didn't mention the inclusion of the big box or extra tokens. Should it though?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In like Flint.

I do have a question though - the KS page says that the bigger box is necessarily if you have an earlier version of Valeria. I assume that this means the first KS version.

How tight will the fit be, since I have picked up every expansion and promo, but do not sleeve my cards?

I really don't want to spend $20 on just a cardboard box. If I remove the insert and just make tuckboxes, can I still fit the contents?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
In like Flint.

I do have a question though - the KS page says that the bigger box is necessarily if you have an earlier version of Valeria. I assume that this means the first KS version.

How tight will the fit be, since I have picked up every expansion and promo, but do not sleeve my cards?

I really don't want to spend $20 on just a cardboard box. If I remove the insert and just make tuckboxes, can I still fit the contents?


I did not order the box because I think this expansion won't fit in the box. But I hope there are more to come and I want to be ready. I also want to tell DMG that I am ready for even more after this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
2geminis wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I updated my pledge although the confirmation email didn't mention the inclusion of the big box or extra tokens. Should it though?


No. Kickstarter itself has no idea what the extra funds are for. You will tell them that after the campaign in the pledge manager.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
In like Flint.

I do have a question though - the KS page says that the bigger box is necessarily if you have an earlier version of Valeria. I assume that this means the first KS version.

How tight will the fit be, since I have picked up every expansion and promo, but do not sleeve my cards?

I really don't want to spend $20 on just a cardboard box. If I remove the insert and just make tuckboxes, can I still fit the contents?


I did not order the box because I think this expansion won't fit in the box. But I hope there are more to come and I want to be ready. I also want to tell DMG that I am ready for even more after this one.


That’s great. I’ve also bought everything Valeria that has come out, but I don’t have an infinite budget, and would rather be able to buy a new game than a box for an old game.

Unless you’re offering to pay the $20 for me, I’d appreciate it if you let me ask my question and not chide me for being hesitant to spend $20 on a literal empty box. I’m supportive enough of Valeria without doing so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
rickert wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
In like Flint.

I do have a question though - the KS page says that the bigger box is necessarily if you have an earlier version of Valeria. I assume that this means the first KS version.

How tight will the fit be, since I have picked up every expansion and promo, but do not sleeve my cards?

I really don't want to spend $20 on just a cardboard box. If I remove the insert and just make tuckboxes, can I still fit the contents?


I did not order the box because I think this expansion won't fit in the box. But I hope there are more to come and I want to be ready. I also want to tell DMG that I am ready for even more after this one.


That’s great. I’ve also bought everything Valeria that has come out, but I don’t have an infinite budget, and would rather be able to buy a new game than a box for an old game.

Unless you’re offering to pay the $20 for me, I’d appreciate it if you let me ask my question and not chide me for being hesitant to spend $20 on a literal empty box. I’m supportive enough of Valeria without doing so.


Who pooped in your Cheerios? I didn't chide you for anything, but rather stated my reason for getting the big box even if the expansion would fit in my current one. I will chide you know for being hyper sensitive without reason. Consider yourself chided.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
rickert wrote:

I did not order the box because I think this expansion won't fit in the box. But I hope there are more to come and I want to be ready. I also want to tell DMG that I am ready for even more after this one.


That’s great. I’ve also bought everything Valeria that has come out, but I don’t have an infinite budget, and would rather be able to buy a new game than a box for an old game.

Unless you’re offering to pay the $20 for me, I’d appreciate it if you let me ask my question and not chide me for being hesitant to spend $20 on a literal empty box. I’m supportive enough of Valeria without doing so.


Who pooped in your Cheerios? I didn't chide you for anything, but rather stated my reason for getting the big box even if the expansion would fit in my current one. I will chide you know for being hyper sensitive without reason. Consider yourself chided.


Perhaps I'm just having a problem parsing your language; based around the last response, maybe that's it? You said that you "did not order" the box because the expansion "won't fit", but the agreement between your "did not" and "won't fit" along with your subsequent statements seems to indicate at face value that you ordered the big box as part of this KS but not because it was needed to fit the new expansion, but because you felt it was necessary to do that to "tell DMG" that you want more expansions. It's also confusing to me because the indications from DMG are clearly that the new expansion won't fix in the original box, so the double negative is...conflicting.

If that is the case, though, yes it definitely seems like you are trying to suggest that buying the box is required or suggestive of DMG making more expansions.

Not trying to be difficult, but since you may have fallen victim again to auto-correct or such with your follow-up post, it's possible that I shouldn't be reading the words as they appear because they don't represent your intention.

On that assumption, I apologize for having taken your words at their face value - it's hard sometimes to re-interpret words as what we think someone means to say and not what they said.

All of this being said - can someone who has the ability to actually answer my question offer a response? Regardless of this particular tete-a-tete, I really want to know if I can make my own solution without buying an ancillary box.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it seemed pretty clear for those who have everything that if you sleeve, there very likely isn't going to be enough room. But if you don't, you can. My point was only that whether or not the expansion will fit in the old box, I am getting it for 2 reasons, so I can make sure my sleeved cards from the expansion will fit into 1 box with the rest of my sleeved game cards and secondly, so as to get DMG to think that I want me beyond this expansion and am willing to spend money to show that desire. I don't have any idea how that would be construed by anyone as telling them what to do or what not to do themselves, but rather that there might be another reason to buy the big box even if you don't sleeve and would have room for this expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I thought it seemed pretty clear for those who have everything that if you sleeve, there very likely isn't going to be enough room. But if you don't, you can.


That's pretty much exactly what I'm trying to find out. Maybe I missed that somewhere along the way in my reading - where did you see that?

Much appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn
United Kingdom
Teesside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big box is only needed if you sleeve the cards.
I haven’t sleeved mine and have all the boosters and expansions to date but won’t be ordering the big box TIL the next expansion in 2019.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.