14 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Question about the heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
So about to start after watching many videos and reading the manual 3 times...sorry was hard to grasp at first

So jas anyone done the pro/cons for each hero..looking to play 4 though has been highly recommended 3...The arcane classes ain't crazy about though do tell me as I am sure many have played it even though wave 2 just arrived...

I do plan to merge everything aside separating/respecting the act items etc...

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
So about to start after watching many videos and reading the manual 3 times...sorry was hard to grasp at first

So jas anyone done the pro/cons for each hero..looking to play 4 though has been highly recommended 3...

If you're playing solo, i highly recommend playing the first quest with 2 characters first (maybe even play it 2-3 times), just to get a feel for the game. There is lots to track in this game, and starting with 4 may be overwhelming. Also, the characters take up lots and lots of table space (because of how their cards are spread out), so playing with 4 may be impractical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
understood and which of the heroes would you recommend as a first two...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:

i don't have enough experience with it to make a good recommendation. When KS editions of games include KS-exclusive characters, i always start with the ones which will appear in the retail boxes, though.

i just set up my 3rd session and am using the Fighter, the Cleric, and the Mage (i don't remember, and don't care about, their names, only their roles). My first session used the Fighter and Cleric. The second added the Archer, but that was 6 months ago and i don't remember whether i liked him or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:

Ecarus is pretty simple to play and Thorgar can increase your survivability with his healing power. For the third, maybe Laegon or Auriel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
drakkonblade wrote:

Thorgar should be one of them.

I'd add up to 3 heroes after your first play with 2 char. I like 2 char mode But it seems to me a timetrial without counting with the circustancial help of a third character in control/domination cases, buffs/debuffs, advancing on map, fighting based style...

Saludos amigos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
I have all of the KS material so what of those heroes...
I was thinking of the barbarian, cleric and maybe the necro or else the druid...

or can go total brute force with the barbarian, paladin and cleric...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, For Tanking and healing, Acarus and Thorgar are the best two. For DPS I am not sure, Auriel is good, but I am not sure here.
But Thorgar can be played as a semi tank as well, he is very well rounded and would definetly have a spot in the "best" party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
what are peoples opinion on the krohgan Barb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're only on our first playthrough, but I can give you my thoughts on the heroes we play so far.

Thorgar (Cleric) - Very powerful to start and stays that way. Quite Tanky with good healing and buff options. Only downside is a lack of range options, at least at the beginning.

Shae (Rogue) - Effective at scouting and getting out of tight situations. Offensively she's OK, with decent defence. Don't underestimate her ability to pull two traps and discard one, that is a major game changer. Also, being able to pull two treasures and keep one means you're cycling through the deck faster with higher chances at the gear you want. In my opinion that makes her a huge team player, so long as the person playing doesn't mind sitting back a bit during combat.

Onamor (Necromancer) - Starts off very weak, especially if you have another Magic/Faith hero due to the lack of variety in the Stash weapons. By Rank II and III he becomes infinitely more useful but is still tricky to use effectively. If you manage to pick up the Archmage Robes you'll be laughing. Also with the changes to Scholar he might be a little better now.

Samyria (Druid) - Surprisingly Tanky as well. A good second healer if you need one, but a lack of weapon choices to start is difficult. By Rank III she becomes much better with the changes to Bear Form.

Volkor (Dragonflame) - Quite weak to start, but able to dish out decent damage. I found he had the biggest jump going from Rank I to II. Recently got a buff which should help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you and awesome perspective to those heroes, have you tried others or has anyone else? I've been desiring the barbarian but is he good and at what setup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Any insight and has anyone tried him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry we've only tried the 5 characters and reached Rank III. From a thread long time ago I read Ecarus (White Knight) is the best Tank hero, and the Sorceress is a damage monster. They make a good 2 hero team but that's all I know.

Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks and it's time to put it to the test...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.