Clint Goldschmidt

Oklahoma
msg tools
I know you're not supposed to say what your initiative number is, or how much damage you'll be doing exactly, or the name of the card. Can you say, "I'm going to stun this guy," or "I'm going to Muddle these two guys"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
That seems fine to me. "I'm stunning these guys" is very pertinent information for other players' turns, and provides about the same amount of detail on which card you're playing as "I'm looting" or "I'm healing you".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Goldschmidt

Oklahoma
msg tools
Good deal, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter McCormick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally allowed. And as you may have noticed, as a party plays more and more, they will learn more and more about each others cards (excluding the case where someone like memorizes them ahead of time). In that case, you may get so in sync that simply saying "i'm going to muddle them" is almost akin to letting them know exactly the card you're using and if they can remember all the details, they can plan their turn better.

Honestly this is really thematic to me. In scenario one,everyone trying to guess initiatives or are missing opportunities to utilize elements or pull off cool combos. Then a half dozen scenario later they're calling their shots. It's like a Hollywood movie where at the beginning they're screwing stuff up for each other and constantly arguing, then by the end of the movie they doing gymnastics off each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.