Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have guidance for how they fit the extra (2) dice trays and chip trays (also 2) into the game box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chip trays no, I purchased my own separately and keep them outside the box. As for dice trays, no also, but then I have all 7 characters in the four trays that fit inside the foam, then decant as necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont know I have everything in the main Box, even with the extra characters. Fits well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
Anyone have guidance for how they fit the extra (2) dice trays and chip trays (also 2) into the game box?

I combined dice trays so that there are 2 gearlocks in each tray, then the dice and chips fit. The extra trays don't fit and I put mine in the extra gearlock boxes in the loft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put two dice trays and a chip tray in one of the add-on character boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad that with such a large box it cant all somehow be accommodated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Two dice trays stack on top of each other and fit nicely. Are you doing that? Thus you can easily fit four dice trays = eight Gearlocs that you can put inside the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gel
msg tools
In my opinion this game needs an official expanded organized solution.
I was originally thinking something by Daedalus productions. (I love the feel they manage to capture with style. And now we are talking adding a standalone/expansion to the mix.

I know CTG put a lot of effort into the PVC trays.

But why stop there I would love some kind of expandable chest system. Ohhhhhhhhh maybe something like a steampunk chest or loot box a gearloc would have.

Can I get a creative discount on like the first five I order?

Thanks.
Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuna Business
msg tools
I want this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackleford
msg tools
This was a problem for me as well, as I really dislike the idea of doubling up characters in a single dice box.

The solution I went with was using a 3D printer to make individual containers for each character. I used a file provided on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2657356

It takes a bit of time and filament, and definitely adds some weight to the box, but it saves space in the box and on the table. With the base game plus Tink, Nugget, and Ghillie, I still have room for 6 more individual character dice boxes in the game box.

Lots of public libraries have 3D printers for public use, so you could go this route without owning a printer of your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Happy Thoughts wrote:
I used a file provided on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2657356

Those trays are actually pretty cool! I backed a 3d printer on Kickstarter a while back... when it arrives those trays just might be in my list of "first five projects" to manufacture!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.