The Barbarossa Campaign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fortified Cities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
Rules 10.2 and 10.3 talk about cities and fortifications.

The way i read it a minor fortified city takes two hits to capture the city and 4 hits to capture a major fortified city but the example says a large fortified city is captured with 3 hits.

how do you all play this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The example is correct, 3 advances. The first advance against a Major City is always ignored (whether it's fortified or not). A second advance would capture the city if it's not fortified, or remove the Fortified marker if it is. Then a third advance in the same turn would be needed to capture. But if the city remains unfortified in a later turn, you would need just 2 advances in the same turn to capture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
the minor fortified city is captured after 2 hits.
the major fortified unit is captured after 3 hits.

i.e. 3 Axis units attacks a major fortified soviet city, all 3 attacks produce "advance" results, first hit flips the Axis unit (the positive advance is ignored), second hit removes the fortified marker and a third hit eliminates the defending unit.
---------
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
Oh my,all these years ive been playing this crucial rule wrong.How many games have i lost that i could have won.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.