Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: LOS Through Doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom K
msg tools
UPDATE: This post cleared it put for me!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1731263/line-sight-ranged-a...

How is LoS done through doors?
Lets say I want to do a ranged attack through an open door. and I am one hex away from that door in room 1

Lets say that there is a monster are in room 2:

1. Directly past the door (clear LOS)
2. Hex directly NEXT to door so you would think it's hiding behind the wall peering out the door.

What if I am one hex away and up from the door?

Also any idea where and how people get those white hex templates? It would be easier if I could draw it out.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafens wrote:
How is LoS done through doors?
Lets say I want to do a ranged attack through an open door. and I am one hex away from that door in room 1

Lets say that there is a monster are in room 2:

1. Directly past the door (clear LOS)
2. Hex directly NEXT to door so you would think it's hiding behind the wall peering out the door.

What if I am one hex away and up from the door?

Also any idea where and how people get those white hex templates? It would be easier if I could draw it out.

Thanks!

It's in the rulebook, pg 19:

"All ranged and melee attacks can only be performed against enemies within
line-of-sight, which means that a line can be drawn from any corner of the attacker’s hex to any corner of the defender’s hex without touching any part of a wall"

This includes through a door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom K
msg tools
I guess I am getting caught up with thinking that the "edge" of a door would be a wall....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rafens wrote:
I guess I am getting caught up with thinking that the "edge" of a door would be a wall....

the actual doorway encompasses the entire hex.

that artwork that makes it look like there are stubs of wall segment are really just an optical illusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Rafens wrote:

the actual doorway encompasses the entire hex.

that artwork that makes it look like there are stubs of wall segment are really just an optical illusion.

you don't actually see walls, you only think you see walls goo THERE IS NO SPOON!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Harris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I recently posted a relatively in-depth look at this very topic (line-of-sight through doors).

You can find the post & diagrams here:
Re: How thick are walls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.