Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, I think the current incumbent is pretty 'simple'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
But how can that be funny? There wasn't a single arse, shit, or fuck in it, and only a slight raising of the voice.

Amateurs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Which brings me to a broader point I was thinking about the other day. I was killing time on Youtube, looking at the old Roasts, of the 70's, with Sinatra, Martin, Davis Jr, Rickles, Dangerfield, and a HUGE cast of other famous people of the day. The comedy was pure gold, and not a single curse was ever uttered. I am amazed at the lack of sophistication today, in the simple art of comedy.

I was at a comedy show watching some professionals about a year or two back, these were pros that had been on all the late night circuits, and I have to say, they could not get thru a performance, without using profanity, and without referencing something that was blatantly and overtly sexual in nature. Dont get me wrong, it was funny, but it was not classy, like the days of old. Ah yes, simpler times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.