Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Heath
United Kingdom
Abergele
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This card doesn't seem to make sense as read. As soon as you finish playing moves, its power kicks in so it removes itself and replaces with a weaker card. Surely this cant be the intended use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it as optional to activate its ability. Its worth using it on the Troll Necromancer to recur Tough Hides. If you want cards that doesn't make sense, take a look at Gorgon's Rattle. The text should read 'After Playing Moves' rather than 'Before'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Heath
United Kingdom
Abergele
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I suppose it makes sense if optional. Otherwise what is the point of it even having defense and attack ratings. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Heath
United Kingdom
Abergele
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a follow up I just scoured the rulebook to see if it says anything about abilities being mandatory.

P16

"cards with the 'special' timing are mandatory. Unlike other abilities they must be done"

feel like this could be made a lot clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Peterschmidt
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This card's ability is optional, so if you don't use it, you end up with an overpowered attack. But it's real use is as combo bait. For instance, if you're playing with the Elf, you can swap in Dance of Blades, if you're the Orc/Thundering Blow (a truly scary card), Sporeling/Cap Blast, Pixie/Thornstab, etc... Just because a card costs 4 it doesn't mean the card is "worse". If you play with it for awhile, I'm sure you'll find some other good uses for it.

This card probably should have had a reminder "you may" in it to be more clear. Going to add this to the FAQ.

Luke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.