Subject: Any advice regarding storage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Just received my box last night ... have to say what a beautiful game!

Are folks here planning to re-pack the minis in the original plastic trays after each play ... seems to be a lot of work!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies until Go7 come out with a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stills999 wrote:

Are folks here planning to re-pack the minis in the original plastic trays after each play ... seems to be a lot of work!?

It’s what I do with Blood Rage and doesn’t seem that much work...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go7gaming will have a solution I'm sure before I'm even 1/2 done painting all these awesome minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stills999 wrote:

That's what I will be doing until something better comes along. I'm not risking damaging those minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorPWNage wrote:
stills999 wrote:

That's what I will be doing until something better comes along. I'm not risking damaging those minis

If they’re unpainted, they’ll be fine. Look for the video of Eric Lang taking the Blood Rage sea serpent, with all its thin tendrils, and repeatedly throwing it across the room to no ill effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stills999 wrote:

That's my plan, yes. If everyone packs away their own minis, it should just take a few minutes to pack up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
MajorPWNage wrote:
stills999 wrote:

If they’re unpainted, they’ll be fine. Look for the video of Eric Lang taking the Blood Rage sea serpent, with all its thin tendrils, and repeatedly throwing it across the room to no ill effect.

It is heresy to not paint these things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorPWNage wrote:

Well, just intend to paint them. In the mean time, you can put the inserts into storage and put everything in baggies, and since no one ever actually gets around to painting their minis ever, you have a great storage solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
MajorPWNage wrote:

Well, just intend to paint them. In the mean time, you can put the inserts into storage and put everything in baggies, and since no one ever actually gets around to painting their minis ever, you have a great storage solution!

That got far to real for me. Damn parenthood....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Badger
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I took one look at how all the storage trays were divided between several boxes and decided "nuh-uh, not gonna happen."

The big problem with using the storage trays is that you must then store the plastic KS-exclusive upgrades, along with the Fox Clan, in the Daimyo Box, with all other core-game components in the Core Box. That's troublesome when you don't want to haul two boxes around just to play a game with the upgrades/fox clan and no extra monsters. I know two boxes doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm already hauling a big duffel of games when I'm out at game nights, so an extra large box just for 'spansions is a bit too much luggage for me.

Also, once you put the monster pack and kami unbound figures into the Daimyo box, there is nowhere to put their respective cards, base rings.

My method was to keep the monsters/kami figures in the plastic trays, but put all the player clan components into bags. Now, everything fits into one box, unless I want to add monsters/kami unbound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything down to three boxes -- the base box, the Daimyo Box, and the Dynasty Invasion box. That's really the only way to do it while still using the plastic trays. And even then, the box with the game board in it doesn't close all the way, and I've got base game and expansion stuff all mixed together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
I got everything down to three boxes -- the base box, the Daimyo Box, and the Dynasty Invasion box. That's really the only way to do it while still using the plastic trays. And even then, the box with the game board in it doesn't close all the way, and I've got base game and expansion stuff all mixed together.

You should be able to close them all fully. I use the three boxes and they all fully close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything fits just fine. Dynasty Invasion stays in its own box, and everything else fits in the core and Daimyo boxes, closing completely. Instructions:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158852/repacking-guide-te...

Note: This does assume that you tossed the extra cardboard mandates, etc. -- everything except the cardboard ronin (since it does make sense to keep those in case you run out of the good ones). If for some reason you want to keep all of that, you can do so, but you'll have to slip it underneath the tray in the RSU001-01 box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkitty wrote:
Everything fits just fine. Dynasty Invasion stays in its own box, and everything else fits in the core and Daimyo boxes, closing completely. Instructions:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158852/repacking-guide-te...

Note: This does assume that you tossed the extra cardboard mandates, etc. -- everything except the cardboard ronin (since it does make sense to keep those in case you run out of the good ones). If for some reason you want to keep all of that, you can do so, but you'll have to slip it underneath the tray in the RSU001-01 box.

That's awesome. I was getting a little blurry towards the end and probably wasn't sorting optimally by that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just bag most of everything and get rid of the inserts, you can fit it all in the main box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
If you just bag most of everything and get rid of the inserts, you can fit it all in the main box.

That's what I usually do, but may have the monsters painted so I'm thinking I should continue to use the plastic inserts for protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.