Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Paschal
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well me and my friends found that if we limited the maximum number of armies in any territory to 12 we could really balance the game. It spread the action out among all of the map instead of someone putting 20 or 30 armies on minas tirih and isengaurd. this created a early ending for me and the group most of the time. This variant works briliantly. But there are a few problems.

1 - What about strong holds?
We just said 12 is the limit and you dont get one there.
2 - What about the card which lets you retreat?
This one is a little more tricky, we decided that was the only exception to the 12 army limit but you have to attack or free move out as soon as possible, but you could only move 12 out of the territory so you do not violate the rule.

If any one has any questions, just ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gervaisius Spade
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
Re:12 Army limit
Paschae (#31884),

I think that instead of the retreating rule applies, have it so you cant retreat with 12 battalions. Then it will make for less complicated rules and exceptions in game play, this goes for some of the other cards and rules that come up also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.