12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: 2-4 player game high interaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zack m
msg tools
Hey all,

I'm looking for reco's for games that play well for 2, 3 AND 4 players with high player interaction. I've heard good things about: 1) Keyflower -due to blocking action on different players' boards. 2) Small World - due to territory taking and attacking.

Blood rage, I've thought about, but i've heard it doesn't work well with 2. People seem to be suggesting Neuroshima Hex isn't great for more than 2 players. Unfortunately, both games seem really cool but they don't fit all criteria.

Do you guys have any other reco's?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum
Arcadia Quest
Unfair
Royals
Tyrants of the Underdark
Heroes of Land, Air & Sea
King of Tokyo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're looking for reco's then you should try R-Eco.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Cry Havoc? Imho, it works better than most similar area-control games with two players (although more is still better).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like maybe you need to think more about what you want from the style of game, outside of interaction. Blood rage and Keyflower are both interactive but in such different ways, merely wanting interaction (which is still imho the most important part of a game) feels a bit wonky.

Smallworld is trash though. Don't buy Smallworld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After everyone has played like 20 games of it, Splendor becomes really interactive at all player counts. So I wouldn't recommend it unless if everyone grabbed the app and played it for a full day then went from there.

If you consider discussing things as being interactive then co-ops can work for this situation. Also escape room games.

To go along with co-ops, 1 vs all games can also work. Specter Ops maybe the best for this scenario.

Guards of Atlantis also gets better with the more players you add, but this will only work if players control 2 characters each, it's a little stale if there's only 2-3 heroes on the board.

Besides that I can't think of anything different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlphaOrionis wrote:

I'm looking for reco's for games that play well for 2, 3 AND 4 players

Tigris & Euphrates - I can't claim 2 player is ideal, but 3 and 4 is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
What games do you like playing so far? This will help people understand what you like in a game. You don't seem to have many in your collection to tell so wondering if you're new to board games? It says you hated carcassonne so you might not think some of the games recommended are interactive or exciting enough?

If you are new, I would suggest watching videos of the game play which you can find lower down on the game pages as is the best way to see whether it's a game you'll like. I didn't do this and ended up buying loads that weren't suitable as I like interaction too but everyone's opinion of what is interactive is very different on here lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haberer
Austria
flag msg tools
new user
If you like blocking and area control, you should definitely try Glüx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Terpstra
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
My friends play Blood Rage 2 player all the time. It's different, but still fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Quantum. It's complete interactivity from the first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

Indiana
msg tools
mb
sixstrings4one wrote:

If you don't mind purely card driven games.

+1 for Unfair
Smash Up + a couple of expansions

I'm a little biased as these are my two favorite games to play. I enjoy these games because they're simply a lot of fun to play even if you don't win (well, unless you get Pirates in Smash Up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.