Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a whole lot of new info, since all of the investigators had already been spoiled. I do like how the adventures are more integrated into this expansion, getting used in actual mysteries now. Very neat. I am excited for the next preview that shows off the campaign mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like their look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, I have their figures from Mansions of Madness.. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Tuesday news.
Thanks, Todd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was also nice getting a look at some of their personal stories. If I am making it out correctly, it looks like failing Mateo's increases your player count by 1 for evil mythos purposes.
googoodevilgoogoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clair B. Hurt
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the special abilities of both of these investigators. They look fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how good Mateo's active ability is. It has no net benefit unlike a lot of good active skills. Sure he gets more boons from closing gates, but thats not exactly the easiest thing to do either (between moving and double test) unless you have a great setup already (he currently doesn't have anyway to bypass monsters on gates either like a lot of gate closers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
I wonder how good Mateo's active ability is. It has no net benefit unlike a lot of good active skills. Sure he gets more boons from closing gates, but thats not exactly the easiest thing to do either (between moving and double test) unless you have a great setup already (he currently doesn't have anyway to bypass monsters on gates either like a lot of gate closers).

He apparently moves his personal story forward by giving away boons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Fatesadvent wrote:

Boons (especially blessed) are very very strong. It shouldn't be too easy to get them. It's also balanced by the fact that the boon gain is a passive and doesn't cost an action and the fact that it's something you're going to be trying to do anyway. Especially with mateo because his stat line is the best for that. He's going to be relatively awful at researching and fighting.

He's going to need a spell or some help with getting gates clear (tokyo, Patrice for banishment, or pass off mists from someone else). I think the pay-off would be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Fatesadvent wrote:

Boons (especially blessed) are very very strong. It shouldn't be too easy to get them. It's also balanced by the fact that the boon gain is a passive and doesn't cost an action and the fact that it's something you're going to be trying to do anyway. Especially with mateo because his stat line is the best for that. He's going to be relatively awful at researching and fighting.

He's going to need a spell or some help with getting gates clear (tokyo, Patrice for banishment, or pass off mists from someone else). I think the pay-off would be worth it.

I could see Mateo staying in Rome for the first few turns at least and acting as a pure support character - not only sending Blessed to characters that don't have it yet, but also using Blessed to take Curses off anyone... and now I'm picturing Mateo turning Murphy into a Clue fountain, although Scarborough would be much more efficient for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Ooh, I didn't see the "on any space" that Mateo has. That actually makes him a lot ore powerful.

That said... not a very interesting preview, is it? Nothing on Mystic Ruins or Antediluvium, no Nyarlathotep sheet, nothing on the campaign. And not a single spoiler card in a hyperlink like they usually do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I just want more information on the campaign mode...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja_Bob wrote:
That's all I give a rat's proverbial about too. Unless the campaign is actually innovative (and it should be, give the recent work the designer has had building Legacy of Dragonholt) and meaningful, I'm a pass for this one - I have plenty to be getting on with without the game becoming repetitious, so new content isn't a requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Ninja_Bob wrote:
That's all I give a rat's proverbial about too. Unless the campaign is actually innovative (and it should be, give the recent work the designer has had building Legacy of Dragonholt) and meaningful, I'm a pass for this one - I have plenty to be getting on with without the game becoming repetitious, so new content isn't a requirement.

But the Personal Stories!

:B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible we'll get a scenary book to play the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.