Otys» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trying to make sense of the Solo Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
RULE: Take one resource of each color, and place one on spaces 21, 19, 17, and 15 of the Score track. The order in which you must place the different resources is based on the availability of each resource at the Store.

MY UNDERSTANDING?: Take a resource of the color with 2 cubes in the store, and place it on space 15. Take a resource of the remaining 3 colors, and place them in spaces 17, 19, and 21 such that Blue comes before Black comes before Green comes before White.

RULE: If one of the Timers moves to a space on which there is a resource,
you must:
• Place this resource on the Store following the same rules that you would use if you were selling a resource (you do not gain Credits or Prestige points).
• Discard the Contract card on which the same resource is located (return that resource to the supply). Draw and reveal a new Contract card, and immediately place a resource, if any are left, following the order of the resources on the Score track.

MY UNDERSTANDING?: If one of the Timers moves to a space on which there is a resource that matches the color of a cube on a Contract card, you must:
• Place this resource on the Store following the same rules that you would use if you were selling a resource (you do not gain Credits or Prestige points). If the store already contains 3 cubes of that color, return the resource to the supply instead.
• Discard the Contract card on which the same resource is located (return that resource to the supply). Draw and reveal a new Contract card in the empty Contract space. If this is the first time a timer moved to a space containing a resource, place a cube on the newly revealed card that matches the color of the resource on space 17. If this is the second time a timer moved to a space containing a resource, place a cube on the newly revealed card that matches the color of the resource on space 15. Otherwise, don't place a resource cube on the newly revealed Contract card.

RULE: If you complete a public contract that has a resource on it, return
that resource to the supply. When one of the Timers reaches the space with the same resource, do not discard a Contract. Then draw and reveal a new Contract card and immediately place a resource, if any are left, following the order of the resources on the Score track.

MY UNDERSTANDING?: If you complete a public Contract that has a resource cube on it, return that resource to the supply, but do not replace the completed Contract after discarding it with a new Contract. When one of the Timers reaches the space containing a resource that doesn't match one on a Contract card, do not discard a Contract. Instead, draw and reveal a new Contract card (filling the empty space). Then, if this was the first time a timer moved to a space containing a resource, place a cube on the newly revealed card that matches the color of the resource on space 17. If this was the second time a timer moved to a space containing a resource, place a cube on the newly revealed card that matches the color of the resource on space 15. Otherwise, don't place a resource cube on the newly revealed Contract card.

RULE: The Spy allows you to spend 1 Credit to get private contracts or
move the Timer of your choice one space on the Score track. If
the Spy is upgraded, you no longer spend 1 Credit to use either
of these effects.

MY UNDERSTANDING?: The Spy now allows you to spend 1 Credit either to get private contracts or move a Timer of your choice one space HIGHER on the Score track.

Do I have it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eloy Renaud
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Larry
1° You have an example on the rules : If the Store has 2 fuels, 1 metal and 1 plant, you must place 1 tech on space “21” of the Score track, 1 plant (or 1 metal) on space “19”, 1 metal (or 1 plant) on space “17” and 1 fuel on space “15”.
2° Right
3° Not right. If you complete a public contract that has a resource on it, return that resource to the supply. Then draw and reveal a new Contract card and immediately place a resource, if any are left, following the order of the resources on the Score track. When one of the Timers reaches the space with the same resource, do not discard a Contract.
4° Right

Renaud
Pearl Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ElRen wrote:
Hi Larry
1° You have an example on the rules : If the Store has 2 fuels, 1 metal and 1 plant, you must place 1 tech on space “21” of the Score track, 1 plant (or 1 metal) on space “19”, 1 metal (or 1 plant) on space “17” and 1 fuel on space “15”.
2° Right
3° Not right. If you complete a public contract that has a resource on it, return that resource to the supply. Then draw and reveal a new Contract card and immediately place a resource, if any are left, following the order of the resources on the Score track. When one of the Timers reaches the space with the same resource, do not discard a Contract.
4° Right

Renaud
Pearl Games

Re: #1: Yes, I understand that you place a cube of the color that is not in the store on space 21 of the score track (I should have been more clear about that). My question really had to do with the order in which the cubes with 1 resource in the store are placed on spaces 17 and 19. I guess you're saying it doesn't matter, and you can just place them randomly (or place them in the order in which they appear in the store from left to right if you'd prefer to place them according to a specific rule).

Re: #3: In your post, you've switched the order of the 2nd and 3rd sentences as stated in the rules, and that helps to clarify things. However, you haven't clarified for me what is meant exactly by the phrase, "immediately place a resource, if any are left, following the order of the resources on the Score track."

If any resources are left where? In the supply? And what order exactly? From highest scoring spot to lowest scoring spot or from lowest to highest? Do you ignore resources that are already placed on Contract cards (I presume you do)?

An example here would really help to make this crystal clear.

Also, why are you placing a resource cube on these replaced Contracts at all? Why not just leave them empty (no resource cube)? That way, the rules could simply say, "If one of the Timers moves to a space on which there is a resource that DOESN'T match one on a public Contract card, don't discard any Contract."

Sorry if I'm being dense, but the rule here isn't clear to me, and there's no additional example to help clarify it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eloy Renaud
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 follow the example : tech must be on space 21 (no tech in the Store), plant and metal must be on space 19 and 17, in order you want (1 metal and 1 plant in the Store), fuel must be on space 15 (2 fuels in the Store).
#3 during the setup : "Take one resource of each color and place them near the public contracts. After revealing two Contract cards and sorting them in
ascending order of Prestige (from left to right), place 1 resource of the same color as the one on space “21” on the first card and 1 resource of the same color as the one on space “19” on the second card." So you have two ressources near the public contracts. When you place a new contract, you place one of this ressources if any are left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ElRen wrote:
#1 follow the example : tech must be on space 21 (no tech in the Store), plant and metal must be on space 19 and 17, in order you want (1 metal and 1 plant in the Store), fuel must be on space 15 (2 fuels in the Store).
#3 during the setup : "Take one resource of each color and place them near the public contracts. After revealing two Contract cards and sorting them in
ascending order of Prestige (from left to right), place 1 resource of the same color as the one on space “21” on the first card and 1 resource of the same color as the one on space “19” on the second card." So you have two ressources near the public contracts. When you place a new contract, you place one of this ressources if any are left.

Thanks, that helps a lot. So the 3rd resource I place will match the color of the one on space "17" and the 4th resource I place will match color of the one on space "15."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eloy Renaud
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ElRen wrote:
Yes!

Thanks. So just to be clear, when a Timer hits space 17 or 15, I will NOT discard the Contract with the matching cube, but I WILL place the resource cube in the Store as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.