Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the god pledge so I should be set. But I have had friends ask where to buy Mythic Battles: Pantheon and I am not sure who is selling it? Is it even being offered by the publisher or retail anyplace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ebay or maybe a future KS reprint are your best options. Some people also sell on Facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG Marketplace, likely the cheapest place to find it.

Even if they do a reprint with the MB:R KS, which isn't confirmed, and they sell it with the full Pandora and at the same price, which is unlikely, that would be at least 2 years out, possibly more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominick Piantoni
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
No retail expectations, hopefully they do another kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seems odd no retail?!? anyone know why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:

Essentially, they said that they couldn't provide a game with these components at an attractive price via retail channels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:

Yep and it’s been discussed at length in many threads over BGG in the MBP, Conan, and Batman Forums. Also, in the MBP comments. The people from Monolith have actually commented in these threads.

The short version is that Monolith had a bad experience bringing Conan to retail (they actually lost money) and they feel it’s just not viable at this time to bring such a product to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Kim
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They might sell them through their own web store when all backers' copies are sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harter Hund
msg tools
Why not selling the Pandora Box seperately in retail? Maybe about 150-170$, for both.That would cover the costs, I guess and people would get the chance to get the full game experience. And it would be worth the money, you get many stuff with it. Also backers, who pledged live in the campaign would have a good bonus, for thei funds.
They want prevent, that the costs in retail are not this high , but with don't going in retail, its quite the case now. Retailers who buy this Game in the Campaign, selling it now for about 200$+/-.
In fact, Im also one of these, who missed the campaign and also bought it for more than 170$ . But it wouldn't bother me, its a great game and it would be sad, if its going to dust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keule65 wrote:
Why not selling the Pandora Box seperately in retail? Maybe about 150-170$, for both.That would cover the costs, I guess and people would get the chance to get the full game experience. And it would be worth the money, you get many stuff with it. Also backers, who pledged live in the campaign would have a good bonus, for thei funds.
They want prevent, that the costs in retail are not this high , but with don't going in retail, its quite the case now. Retailers who buy this Game in the Campaign, selling it now for about 200$+/-.
In fact, Im also one of these, who missed the campaign and also bought it for more than 170$ . But it wouldn't bother me, its a great game and it would be sad, if its going to dust.

You really should take the time to read all the other threads where a Monolith explained multiple times their reasoning for not selling it at retail. The biggest of which is very few people are going to shell out that kind of money for the game. Aside from that any company that would label something as a Kickstarter exclusive during a campaign and then turn around and sell them at retail would be crucified and lose all credibility severely limiting their sales in future campaigns. Not to mention anyone who is willing to pay the $170 for just the Pandora’s box like you suggest should have little problem tracking it down for that on the secondary market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harter Hund
msg tools
you get it wrong .. i sayed 170$ for both, I mean Core box around 80-90$ and Pandora box around 60-80$ its nearly the same content circa 5 kg. So thats the benefit for backers, they get their pandora box for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're gonna get too many takers. Look at the marketplace, even copies at ~200 are barely moving, and that's not a lot above your proposed price, even if we assume that that's a realistic price for retail (which I'm not convinced of)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS page lists the retail prices of some of the expansions. And you can possibly assume that everything else is the listed retail price since they were planning on a retail release without the KS exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saturnkk wrote:
I have the god pledge so I should be set. But I have had friends ask where to buy Mythic Battles: Pantheon and I am not sure who is selling it? Is it even being offered by the publisher or retail anyplace?

Reprint confirmed: should be happening soon. [northern spring]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Lombardi
Italy
flag msg tools
portcullis_sk wrote:
saturnkk wrote:

Really? That would be amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcymaru wrote:
portcullis_sk wrote:
saturnkk wrote:

Really? That would be amazing!

Yeah. No specifics yet, but there is a reprint happening 'in the near future'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.