18 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hero Power Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Hi guys

So instead of finding a new question once in a while. I just decided to go through all hero powers in the retail Immortal Souls and ask questions for the ones where i have any. Hope you are able to answer. And sorry if there are many.

Ecarus:

Cleave: On the notation of "Next meelee" does that mean the enemies have to be engaged with Ecarus, so for example the spear would not be able to be used with cleave on a range of 1?

Shield Mastery: It says "Perform an EXTRA attack with the offhand shield." Does this mean that i have to make another attack before this? And if so, does that attack also have to be a shield attack?

Mighty Presence: If i have mighty presence and is engaged with a single enemy like a gremlin. Can i move away without getting opportunity attacked?

Shae:

Backstab and Sneak Attack: If i want to use this with hidden, i need to activate the backstab or sneak attack before hiding correct? Otherwise i would leave hidden?

Survival Instinct: If for example a raider attacks with his main hand weapon and gets the effect where he gets to attack with knife. Does he still hit me if i move 1 space away with this on the first attack? What if i move out of LOS.

Treasure Hunter: When for example the event Lost Treasure is drawn and a treasure is placed on the map. Do Shae still then draw and extra if she picks it up? Or is this mostly an effect for loot bags and treasure chests? What happens if she get s the treasure chest with 2 treasures? Does she draw 2x2 and pick one in each pairing?

Thorgar:

Rune Detonation: Can this be activated at any time whatsoever? Or is there some restrictions? And if i have 2 runes on the same space, is that then 1 hp per act or 2 hp per act?

Defensive Rune: Does this count as being -1 for attacks made by enemies who is standing on the same spot as the rune, enemies who attack heroes who stand on the rune, or a combination? Furthermore does the cooldown begin when i place the rune or when it is removed?

Offensive Rune: Does this count as being +1 for attacks made by heroes who is standing on the same spot as the rune, heroes who attack enemies on the rune, or a combination? Furthermore does the cooldown begin when i place the rune or when it is removed?

Auriel:

Arcanist: It says "Perform an EXTRA attack with a Wand" Does this mean that i have to make another attack before this? And if so, does that attack also have to be a wand attack?

Drain Life: If i have full health, attack a gremlin on my field with drain life, can i then heal the damage of the spikes, or does the spikes happen after the healing effect?

Illusory Images: Does the refresh of tokens happen directly once i lose both, or once the cooldown is over?

Laegon:

Twin Arrows: Do i have to use this ability before or after my first attack?

Best Regards Jonatan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Drakthalos wrote:
Hi guys

So instead of finding a new question once in a while. I just decided to go through all hero powers in the retail Immortal Souls and ask questions for the ones where i have any. Hope you are able to answer. And sorry if there are many.

Ecarus:

Cleave: On the notation of "Next meelee" does that mean the enemies have to be engaged with Ecarus, so for example the spear would not be able to be used with cleave on a range of 1?

Shield Mastery: It says "Perform an EXTRA attack with the offhand shield." Does this mean that i have to make another attack before this? And if so, does that attack also have to be a shield attack?

Mighty Presence: If i have mighty presence and is engaged with a single enemy like a gremlin. Can i move away without getting opportunity attacked?

Shae:

Backstab and Sneak Attack: If i want to use this with hidden, i need to activate the backstab or sneak attack before hiding correct? Otherwise i would leave hidden?

Survival Instinct: If for example a raider attacks with his main hand weapon and gets the effect where he gets to attack with knife. Does he still hit me if i move 1 space away with this on the first attack? What if i move out of LOS.

Treasure Hunter: When for example the event Lost Treasure is drawn and a treasure is placed on the map. Do Shae still then draw and extra if she picks it up? Or is this mostly an effect for loot bags and treasure chests? What happens if she get s the treasure chest with 2 treasures? Does she draw 2x2 and pick one in each pairing?

Thorgar:

Rune Detonation: Can this be activated at any time whatsoever? Or is there some restrictions? And if i have 2 runes on the same space, is that then 1 hp per act or 2 hp per act?

Defensive Rune: Does this count as being -1 for attacks made by enemies who is standing on the same spot as the rune, enemies who attack heroes who stand on the rune, or a combination? Furthermore does the cooldown begin when i place the rune or when it is removed?

Offensive Rune: Does this count as being +1 for attacks made by heroes who is standing on the same spot as the rune, heroes who attack enemies on the rune, or a combination? Furthermore does the cooldown begin when i place the rune or when it is removed?

Auriel:

Arcanist: It says "Perform an EXTRA attack with a Wand" Does this mean that i have to make another attack before this? And if so, does that attack also have to be a wand attack?

Drain Life: If i have full health, attack a gremlin on my field with drain life, can i then heal the damage of the spikes, or does the spikes happen after the healing effect?

Illusory Images: Does the refresh of tokens happen directly once i lose both, or once the cooldown is over?

Laegon:

Best Regards Jonatan

Shield mastery/Arcanist: you can use the extra attack first. It just means it does not cost you an activity.

Mighty presence: Yes, dominance is checked at the time you want to move.

Backstab/Hide: No. You activate backstab/sneak attack while hidden. This breaks your hiding, but you still get the benefit for your next attack.

Drain life: you heal at the time of, so you cannot cancel out the spine damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools

Anyone for the rest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drakthalos wrote:

The spear is not a meelee weapon. So no, you cannot use it with "Cleave".

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26382011#26382011

Drakthalos wrote:

Shae:

I don't think that there's an official answer to that one yet, but feel free to reignite the discussion (or just pick the answer that suits you most) here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26300735#26300735

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Gorkar wrote:
Drakthalos wrote:

Drakthalos wrote:

Shae:

I don't think that there's an official answer to that one yet, but feel free to reignite the discussion (or just pick the answer that suits you most) here:

Regards, Gorkar

So weapons with more than a range of 0 cannot be used with cleave, even at a range of 0? Makes sense thematically just want to make sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
Gorkar wrote:
Drakthalos wrote:

Drakthalos wrote:

Shae:

Regards, Gorkar

Ok, spear is a ranged weapon (stated by Simone) as all the rest wich have at least [1].
In example, to attack with a bow in the same area [0] doesn't mean bow is a melee weapon.
Thanks Gorka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exik Exik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Drakthalos wrote:
Gorkar wrote:
Drakthalos wrote:

Drakthalos wrote:

Shae:

Regards, Gorkar

So weapons with more than a range of 0 cannot be used with cleave, even at a range of 0? Makes sense thematically just want to make sure

Correct, using weapons with range more then 0 is always considered as ranged attack.

Rulebook page 22
Any weapon with {1} or more can hit targets in the attacker’s area or
in any other area in L.O.S. within the weapon’s range, which is always
considered a Ranged attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Ok so no more questions about Ecarus but still need clarifications on the other 4 :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Drakthalos wrote:
Ok so no more questions about Ecarus but still need clarifications on the other 4 :-)
Chill out. People will answer when they have time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
RezardVareth wrote:
Drakthalos wrote:
Chill out. People will answer when they have time.

Seems people REALLY dont have time. Or do not know, in which case it would be nice to see people say that and perhaps getting an official answer.

Or tell how they get Simone to answer questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakthalos wrote:
Seems people REALLY dont have time. Or do not know, in which case it would be nice to see people say that and perhaps getting an official answer.

Everybody here is a volunteer, none of whom can provide you with any Official answers except for the designer, and none of whom appreciate being harangued about giving answers or not. If everyone who didn't have an answer always replied with "i don't know", the forum would be 99% "i don't know" responses, which would help nobody. The fact that nobody's answering implies that those who have read the thread don't know any additional answers with certainty.

Drakthalos wrote:
Or tell how they get Simone to answer questions

Sometimes he answers here, sometimes he doesn't. You may want to try reaching him directly via his company's support email address (which i don't know off hand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
You may want to try reaching him directly via his company's support email address (which i don't know off hand).

Either of these should do the trick:

http://www.sword-and-sorcery.com/shrine/

http://gremlinproject.com/contacts.php

Simone tends to weigh in on topics in the forums when the thread has a single, targeted question without too much exposition around it. Not a guarantee, obviously, but the more focused the thread, the more likely "Summon Simone" will succeed at its save roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
To be honest, I don't even remember what "the other 4" are. If you want people to help, make it easy.

Tell us what the other 4 are, and copy the card text for us (or post pictures of the relevant abilities, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Sure, meant that i still needed answers for the 4 other heroes, here goes the questions that have not been answered yet.

Shae:

(This has been answered. However kept it here, since the answer says that people are unsure, so if a designer reads this post. This still needs clarification) Treasure Hunter: When for example the event Lost Treasure is drawn and a treasure is placed on the map. Do Shae still then draw and extra if she picks it up? Or is this mostly an effect for loot bags and treasure chests? What happens if she get s the treasure chest with 2 treasures? Does she draw 2x2 and pick one in each pairing?

Thorgar:

Auriel:

Laegon:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Copy the card text for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
RezardVareth wrote:
Copy the card text for us.

Sure Thing

Shae

Survival Instinct: Reaction [Blue Shield] If you suffer damage, you can:
Soulrank 1 Move 1 area ignoring all reaction attacks Cooldown 1
Soulrank 3 Move up to 2 areas ignoring all reaction attacks Cooldown 1

Treasure Hunter: Passive [Purple permanent] When you must draw a treasure card:
Soulrank 1 draw two instead, keep one and shuffle the other back into the deck Cooldown 1
Soulrank 4 draw three instead, keep one and shuffle the other two back into the deck Cooldown 1

Thorgar

Rune Detonation [On Runemaster Thorgar card]: Passive [Purple permanent] Once per Round: all enemies in any area with a Rune token suffer 1 HP per ACT. Discard all Rune tokens in play.

Offensive Rune: Free [White Squiqqly] Soulrank 1 Cooldown 2 Place Rune token in your area until Time Phase: while present, all attacks performed by heroes in that area count each STAR result as +1 hit result instead

Defensive Rune: Action [Yellow Triangle] Soulrank 1 Cooldown 2 Place Rune token in your area until Time Phase: while present, all attacks performed by enemies in that area count each STAR result as -1 hit result instead

Auriel

Illusory Images: Action [Yellow Triangle] Soulrank 1 Cooldown 2 If no Image tokens left gain 2 tokens. Before defending: roll 1 Blue die for each remaining token. If shield, discard 1 token and ignore the attack. Cooldown begins when all tokens are discarded.

Laegon

Twin Arrows [On Archer Laegon card]: Action [Yellow Triangle] Once per Round: When you perform an attack with a Bow, perform an extra attack with a Bow against another enemy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't address Shae's Survival Instinct other than that enemies don't have ranges for their weapons - the AI tells what happens, so I would say the raider's second attack happens no matter what else may occur - IIRC, the raider text doesn't say he gets to attack with knife, it says also attack with knife.

Drakthalos wrote:

Thorgar:

At any time.
The wording of the ability implies that 2 runes still only deal 1 damage per enemy, but I don't know for sure.

Drakthalos wrote:

Enemies standing on the same spot: "all attacks performed by enemies in that area"
"Enemies in that area" can only be enemies standing on the same spot
Drakthalos wrote:

Heroes standing on the same spot: "all attacks performed by heroes in that area"
"Heroes in that area" can only be heroes standing on the same spot.
Drakthalos wrote:

Auriel:

Only when you spend an action to activate the ability and there are no tokens on it: "If no Image tokens left gain 2 tokens."
Drakthalos wrote:

Laegon:

Before your first attack - it is an action, and if you attack before using the ability, you can't meet the condition of "when you perform an attack with a bow". When implies at the same time.
Performing the Action activates the ability. from then on, you have the option of doing the second attack if you do the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
abredon wrote:
I can't address Shae's Survival Instinct other than that enemies don't have ranges for their weapons - the AI tells what happens, so I would say the raider's second attack happens no matter what else may occur - IIRC, the raider text doesn't say he gets to attack with knife, it says also attack with knife.

Drakthalos wrote:

Thorgar:

At any time.
The wording of the ability implies that 2 runes still only deal 1 damage per enemy, but I don't know for sure.

Drakthalos wrote:

Enemies standing on the same spot: "all attacks performed by enemies in that area"
"Enemies in that area" can only be enemies standing on the same spot
Drakthalos wrote:

Heroes standing on the same spot: "all attacks performed by heroes in that area"
"Heroes in that area" can only be heroes standing on the same spot.
Drakthalos wrote:

Auriel:

Only when you spend an action to activate the ability and there are no tokens on it: "If no Image tokens left gain 2 tokens."
Drakthalos wrote:

Laegon:

Before your first attack - it is an action, and if you attack before using the ability, you can't meet the condition of "when you perform an attack with a bow". When implies at the same time.
Performing the Action activates the ability. from then on, you have the option of doing the second attack if you do the first.

Thanks alot man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.