Subject: Anyone else have trouble getting this to the table? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game is a great combination of tactic and strategy with a strong theme that does not feel like it was pasted on.

Every time I stare at this game and the unplayed labs expansion, I wonder if others love the game but have difficulty getting others to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own it, but I gifted it to my daughter, the first game they tried, they ran out of brown peppers and never played it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jenson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game, and get it to the table more frequently than most of my games, I'd say. That means I probably play it 4+ times a year. Lots of fun and scales well for all player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jenson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
I don't own it, but I gifted it to my daughter, the first game they tried, they ran out of brown peppers and never played it again.

I think people forget about being able to sell peppers for money. This definitely would help with running out. Also there are multiplier tokens to relieve this issue, and more peppers in the expansion to make sure you don't run out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Weeks
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT I DIE FOR IT
badge
YAMAHA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion comes with more peppers. Also in the base game there are tokens to use if you run out of peppers. You might want to mention that to her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Goncalves
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played it quite a lot and never ran out of peppers. Even with 5 players (no expansion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys

dunno if there are any tokens in the edition I gave her - maybe

when we visited her, we played and didn't run out - I think she and her friends didn't play a 'balanced' game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get this played a couple times this weekend. Once with the expansion and once without.
After playing with the expansion, I don't see a reason not to always play with it.

There are other games that have expansion that change the game in a way that add variables that detract from the simplicity of the base game. Pantheon for 7 Wonders Duel come to mind.

The Labs expansion is subtle and although, gameplay wise it adds only one major addition, not counting the rule changes and market and recipe cards, it opens up more options for planting, harvesting and fulfillment.

If you are on the Labs fence, it's a nice addition to the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.