Subject: General Sniper Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a "curiosity" game design question.

When a sniper appears, a sniper VOF is placed on the triggering unit/card and is directed towards a specific target as determined randomly. At the same time, a small arms fire VOF is placed on the card as well which then attacks any and all other units on the card.

I'm curious why this is so. Where is this small arms fire coming from? I'm assuming here a lone sniper firing a single shot at a specific target, resulting in the sniper VOF. Who else is doing the firing that creates the small arms VOF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGUSTI BARRIO RUIZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Because some times the other units on the card can be shot by the sniper (one shot here, one shot there, etc). The sniper has a specific target but the other units can also be targetted sporadically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gingras

Weymouth
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe that it also represents the disruption of the unit's effectiveness when it knows it is being targeted by a sniper even if no rounds are being fired.

Think about the Sniper scene in Saving Private Ryan. The whole section is pinned and stuck but only one guy had been shot. The Small Arms VoF replicates the chaos of what is going on there when they know there is a sniper in the area making it harder to coordinate and direct what to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.