Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi adventurers,

First of all, I'm sorry for being absent in these days, I was really busy!

Since there are so many questions about the expansions integration, here the "official" guidelines sauron

Emporium cards as well the Hero Powers and Talents can be integrated in ANY S&S quest. (I know that Reference Sheet can be misunderstood for IM heroes, so this is the exact rule to follow)

Treasures must be integrated (i.e. shuffled) into the Treasure deck, together with the existing cards ONLY when you play the related expansion or above, so basically:
IM > IM+AP > IM+AP+DF > IM+AP+DF+VL

Treasure cards that come with the Hero Packs (already included in the Wave 2 for KS Backers) must be integrated based on the related ACT indicated by those cards.

Traps and Enemy Powers must be integrated into their decks WHEN you play the related expansion or above, so just like before:
IM > IM+AP > IM+AP+DF > IM+AP+DF+VL BUT if you want to make the game more challenging, you can also shuffle them when you desire (pay attention cause DF Traps are very powerful)

Quest Cards must be played only when required by the Book of Secrets

DF Soul Weapons can be used in any ACT 2 Quest or above (Not during ACT I)

Now you are ready to defend the Talon Coast! Be proud! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be a good idea to pin this thread so it will be easier to find in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Wow my plan to run this with different groups might be in problems. Still only got retail but the organizing of dismantling the decks each time you play with a group who is at a different stage seems like a lot of work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
It might be a good idea to pin this thread so it will be easier to find in the future.

done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakthalos wrote:
Wow my plan to run this with different groups might be in problems. Still only got retail but the organizing of dismantling the decks each time you play with a group who is at a different stage seems like a lot of work

I don't think, to be honest we are talking of separate less than 50/100 cards based on their icons... there are games that force you to do this before and/or after each game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakthalos wrote:

You can always keep all decks full and redraw whenever you draw a card that shouldn't be in play for that particular group. I don't find this to be fiddly or cumbersome whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
Are level (V+)heroes allowed for ActI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caracan wrote:
Are level (V+)heroes allowed for ActI?

Storybook pg 6 4.1 "The maximum SoulRank for Act I is IV."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
Drakthalos wrote:

You can always keep all decks full and redraw whenever you draw a card that shouldn't be in play for that particular group. I don't find this to be fiddly or cumbersome whatsoever.

Yep. Agree on this solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
forgotten lore
msg tools
mb
Should I integrate ACT1 treasures into the treasure deck while playing any ACT2 quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
forgottenlore666 wrote:
Should I integrate ACT1 treasures into the treasure deck while playing any ACT2 quest?

Look at the first post. It is answered there.

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
forgotten lore
msg tools
mb
So is a YES?
It seems to me that the DF and VL reference sheet says:

Add to the trasures deck any cards related to the ACT2

My doubt is:

add ACT2 treasure to a deck built upon ACT1 treasure
OR
Build a new deck with ONLY ACT2 treasures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
forgottenlore666 wrote:
My doubt is:

add ACT2 treasure to a deck built upon ACT1 treasure
OR
Build a new deck with ONLY ACT2 treasures

IM == Act 1; DF == Act 2

So you always have the Act I treasures in the deck, and you just add the others as you play those campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
forgotten lore
msg tools
mb
Ok, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As I understand it, the ACT 2 Treasure deck is going to be huge because it will also contain ACT 1 treasure cards.

May I ask what is the mechanism which ensures that players will actually get ACT 2 items during their ACT 2 sessions with such a bloated Treasure deck?

My players are concerned that the deck is now huge and the chances of getting ACT 2 items over ACT 1 items is not that great. What is the balancing mechanism for this?
Do ACT 2 enemies have a better Treasure loot rate to compensate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Bowmangr wrote:

As I understand it, the ACT 2 Treasure deck is going to be huge because it will also contain ACT 1 treasure cards.

May I ask what is the mechanism which ensures that players will actually get ACT 2 items during their ACT 2 sessions with such a bloated Treasure deck?

My players are concerned that the deck is now huge and the chances of getting ACT 2 items over ACT 1 items is not that great. What is the balancing mechanism for this?
Just play and find out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
Bowmangr wrote:

I don't usually reshuffle treasure deck beetween quest. Trying with this method to cycle almost the whole deck.
It would be a balance mechanims.

Edit: emporium items are restored when used. Holy bandages!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KingRalph KingRalph
msg tools
mbmbmb
My two cents:

As you collect act 1 items that you don’t need, stash them whenever you get the opportunity. It really thins the deck out. You’ll find that you either gain the items you want more frequently (even with the mandatory shuffling of treasure decks between quests) or more gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crowley
United Kingdom
Arundel
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Simone Romano wrote:
Hi adventurers,

Since there are so many questions about the expansions integration, here the "official" guidelines :sauron:

Emporium cards as well the Hero Powers and Talents can be integrated in ANY S&S quest. (I know that Reference Sheet can be misunderstood for IM heroes, so this is the exact rule to follow)

Treasures must be integrated (i.e. shuffled) into the Treasure deck, together with the existing cards ONLY when you play the related expansion or above, so basically:

Treasure cards that come with the Hero Packs (already included in the Wave 2 for KS Backers) must be integrated based on the related ACT indicated by those cards.

Traps and Enemy Powers must be integrated into their decks WHEN you play the related expansion or above, so just like before:
IM > IM+AP > IM+AP+DF > IM+AP+DF+VL BUT if you want to make the game more challenging, you can also shuffle them when you desire (pay attention cause DF Traps are very powerful)

What about Enemy and Event cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimcrowley wrote:
Simone Romano wrote:
Hi adventurers,

Since there are so many questions about the expansions integration, here the "official" guidelines sauron

What about Enemy and Event cards?

Both of those card types are used during setup and are predetermined. So you can add them all together or separate them if you want to have each expansion's cards in a different box, as you prefer. They don't affect gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crowley
United Kingdom
Arundel
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Vasilis - that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.