Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you gain insanity during the showdown, after having been at zero insanity and suffered a brain injury, does the brain injury box remain filled?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lang
msg tools
Verbing nouns since 2011
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the box remains filled. You do not erase check boxes until settlement phase. So let's say you suffer brain trauma, and end up getting 5 insanity. You will keep the check box, and put a '5' on your brain armor box.

Side note... technically you could erase the check box, and give yourself 4 brain armor (so 5 in total). I don't think there are mechanics that ignore brain armor. No... Just no. This is wrong. Gain the insanity. Ignore technicalities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LangatanG wrote:
Yes, the box remains filled. You do not erase check boxes until settlement phase. So let's say you suffer brain trauma, and end up getting 5 insanity. You will keep the check box, and put a '5' on your brain armor box.

Side note... technically you could erase the check box, and give yourself 4 brain armor (so 5 in total). I don't think there are mechanics that ignore brain armor.

But there are mechanics where how much insanity you have matters, so I would not do it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antro wrote:
LangatanG wrote:

Side note... technically you could erase the check box, and give yourself 4 brain armor (so 5 in total). I don't think there are mechanics that ignore brain armor.

But there are mechanics where how much insanity you have matters, so I would not do it that way.

And more importantly the game with no you weren’t playing it correctly. It knows things...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
antro wrote:
LangatanG wrote:

And more importantly the game with no you weren’t playing it correctly. It knows things...
Here to hoping the game doesn't mind that I spent so much time working on staining a Broken Token insert for another game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
antro wrote:
Good point: yeah, many thresholds key off of insanity, which is total insanity, not "points until you'd take trauma, subtracting 1."

Also, you track insanity while your first brain damage box resets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lang
msg tools
Verbing nouns since 2011
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antro wrote:

Duh... +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, yeah, it took me longer than it should have to remember the basic mechanic; I was trying to think of exceptions, too.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.