Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I sent a message to Bézier games and asked if they would consider making a deluxe edition of CoMKL (with different art, too). The answer was that they did not have it in their plans right now, but that "maybe someday enough people will ask for it and it could happen"!

I am not sure how we could express that we would like to see this happen, but I'm trying here (I might also try on Reddit).

If, like me, you think this fantastic game deserves a deluxe edition, I would be happy to hear you suggestions on how to make our voice heard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I would like more than a deluxe edition is an expansion that would increase the player count to 5 players. If a deluxe edition included that then I would be all for it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balaji Iyengar
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Valandil (God-friend)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please lets all agree to get rid of the overall grey tone!!

It would be awesome if the castle rooms could be brightly colored! And instead of showing a total top view, may be the art could show an isometric view (like how they do in Sims video game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odinMithrandir wrote:
And instead of showing a total top view, may be the art could show an isometric view (like how they do in Sims video game)

That wouldn't work when you rotate rooms.

Solipsiste wrote:
I sent a message to Bézier games and asked if they would consider making a deluxe edition of CoMKL (with different art, too).

Have you looked into the Polish edition? I consider it the deluxe version of Castles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could get it with the Polish artwork and English rules, I would do it in a heartbeat. 5-players would be a big plus as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
If I could get it with the Polish artwork and English rules, I would do it in a heartbeat. 5-players would be a big plus as well.

You can always just get the Polish version and print out the English rules. The game is 90% language independent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Polish edition is out of print and unavailable unless you want to pay big money to get one on ebay. There is no sign of a new print either. Also, yes, the Polish art is nice, but it would be great to have an English version with great art (i.e. without the polish names everywhere).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Mc'Art
Belgium
Lillois
flag msg tools
badge
AllYearLong Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely change the scoring board: zig zaging is awful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both the English and Polish editions. The Polish one does put the other to shame, and uses all the same iconography.
Worth finding if you play it a lot.
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have confirmation that the Polish edition will not be reprinted. So our only hope is a deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.