Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rum & Bones - It's a damn shame that the second edition of this game wasn't given much of a chance by the media content creators, due to a poor first edition, apparently. I would really love to bolster Second Tide in anyway I can because this game is freaking fantastic!

I have played with a couple people now who are totally into it and it would be great to be able to build teams in advance. I think a web-based team builder, similar to the many X-Wing squad builders for example, would be AMAZING.

I would love to build this myself but, I honestly would not know where at all to begin for the most optimal approach, coding language, etc. at making one of these. Does ANYONE out there have advice for how I might get started with such a task?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Tower gave it very positive reviews. I think skirmish games are just a bit niche in the BGG crowd, so it won’t see the same popularity as a big new eurogame.

I agree it’s a really fun game. I’m not sure a team builder would be super useful for this game because the process isn’t very in-depth: pick your three heroes. This is not a complicated, point-based, army-building game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played it twice so far so I might be wrong. There are TONS of options to choose from between the factions, which classes you want to pick, their abilities and upgrade cards and the mercenaries, the possibilities are (nearly) endless. And if someone (like my deck building / squad building friends) are going to get into it, they are going to want to know best teams, interesting combos and strategies, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Personally, I'd build it in a spreadsheet first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Ryan, I think Max and Bone have it right here with their respective posts. A team builder for this game would be more complicated than it's worth, but a spreadsheet sounds like a good way to accomplish what you seem to be going for here.

I love your enthusiasm for this game and I think we may be like-minded in that aspect. This game is one of my favorites of all time and I think it's extremely underrated. How would you feel about helping to put together a Wikia? I've been wanting to do it for a while anyway.

We could have the character card, their skills, and their lore on the page. We could even have tabs displaying their R&B1 and R&B2 incarnations. I have everything from the first and second season so if there isn't an online resource for something we could get it straight from the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. I don’t have experience with wikia, hoping you can show me how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.